Chapter 15

Well this is one way to come home.

The house is empty, beer bottles flung randomly around. Cigarette butts left on the kitchen counter. I opened the fridge, there was nothing. I felt like throwing up. I was gone for a few days mum! She couldn't have eaten and drunk all this on her own? Smoked that many cigarettes, unless...

I ran up the stairs to my mum’s room. It was empty, the curtains were down and the duvet was thrown around.

"Mum?" I shouted, there was no reply. "Hello?" I shouted a little louder, there was a groan. I'm sure there was, but back from downstairs. And it sure as hell didn't sound like a womanly groan. There was my lacrosse stick in my room, I crept down the stairs clutching onto my stick. My hands shaking. I know my hearing wasn't good but I know I heard something. There was some whispering. There must be somebody here, and they're not on their own. I swallowed a lump that had occurred in my throat. I knew they weren't in the kitchen so they had to be in the play room.

The kitchen was so dirty and disgusting I had to watch where I stood incase there was glass there. My back was pressed up against the white wall leading into the play room. I tried to steady my breathing, tightening my grip on the shaft my knuckles turning white. I closed my eyes, screamed a battle cry and ran into the room.

My eyes peeled open to reveal my mother, lying on top of a man. Naked. I screamed covering my eyes and running out of the room. That was something I did not need to see. I ran all the way up to my room and sat shivering on my bed. I felt sick, who was that man? 

----

This made things even more awkward with my mum. I was wondering round the house in trackies and my slytherin beanie picking up clothes and beer bottles. My mum was picking them up with me but we weren't saying anything. Every time she tried to speak, nothing would come out.   She kept looking at me though.

"So how was your holiday?" She squeezed out.

"What?" All the things she could have said.

"I take it that it didn't go to plan as you're back early" She smiled so innocently. "Some boy called for you as well" That was when Alec called my mum.

"My trip was fine" I said quickly "I'm back early because I have work to catch up on, I came back to see you but I bloody well wish I hadn't" I glared at her.

"Why?" She looked offended but I know she didn't care.

"Who is that man in the other room?" She paused for a second peering at the man sleeping on our sofa in the living room.

"That’s Louis" She grinned wildly.

"No, my dad’s called Louis, but that isn't my dad" I shook my head; she had to choose a man who had the same name as my dad.

"There are other people in the world called Louis who aren't your dad" She raised her voice slightly.

"And you had to choose one of them" I shook my head.

"It is not a big deal"

"It is to me!" My dad was nothing special but I still felt like a traitor with another man with my mum while he could still be here. I stood up leaving my black bag on the floor.

"Tamsin, I need help!" She shouted gesturing to all of the mess around her.

"Get Louis to help you!" I shouted much louder than she did, then I walked out the kitchen and up the stairs. My room was the only tidy place in the house. At least my mother had some respect for my by not having sex in my room, on my bed. I shuddered at the thought.

I could hear some mumbling from downstairs, I hope it was me who woke Louis up. I saw my phone flash. I smiled as soon as I saw who it was from.

'Hey! How's it going? You home? Miss you xxx'

I sure as hell missed him.

'Hi Justin, going crap, I'll call you later to tell you about it. I'm home but to a horrible surprise. I miss you too xxx'

My phone was dying and it took my ages to get it to charge as my socket was broken so I turned it off and put it on my bed side table. The mumbling from downstairs had stopped, I could hear somebody walking up the stairs. I stepped out my door hoping to see my mother but instead it was Louis. Dark brown hair and dark grey eyes, his hair was slightly damp but I didn't want to think what from. He gave me a toothy grin as I walked out of my room. I half smiled sarcastically scoffing slightly. I thought he would leave me alone then but he started to walk over to me. His grin widening I started to look closer at his shiny face. He pressed my against the wall his hips just above my own.

"What are you doing?" I fidgeted, squirming, but his arms held me against the wall.

"You're very pretty" He stroked the side of my face with the back of his hand. "Prettier than your mother made out" He whispered his face centimetres from mine. My breathing started to hitch as I tried to free myself.

"Let go" I whimpered. I could feel something hard pressing just below my stomach. I felt something lurching up my throat causing me to gag.

He pressed his lips to my forehead which was now sweating. Years started to fall from my face. "Please" The words were so quiet I was surprised he heard me. His body stayed touching mine but he loosened a bit and I fell to the ground crying. He chuckled kissed my head once again before walking away. My stomach was gurgling and my head was throbbing. I couldn't stay here.

It was freezing outside but I still slipped on my tight black running shorts and a lacrosse shirt. I left my hat on and tied my hair low. My iPod was in the front pocket of my bag from you 'holiday' I pulled it out with my headphones and headed for the door.

"Where are you going, Tamsin?" My mother shouted at me from the kitchen.

"I'm running mum, don't expect me to come back" I mumbled the last bit before letting myself out into the cold. I hadn't run in ages and even when I did I only ever ran with Ellie.

We had a certain route which I followed exactly, passing the now leafless apple orchard where we used to stop and eat apples on our way back. Ellie was such a good friend and majority of the time she was there for me, what did I ever do for her?

I started to get this throbbing pain under my kneecap. This wasn't the first time I had felt this, I stopped running. I could feel the fluid moving under the cap, every step I took even if it was walking it felt as if I was tearing a ligament like you tear paper. It felt horrible to move and it hurt like hell. I cried out unknowingly, this pain was frequent when I ran but normally I would have somebody here to lean against. I fell onto the wet grass, one knee up the other flat on the ground, bruised and still throbbing. It felt horrible to touch and disgusting to look at, it had never been this bad before.

I dared my hand to creep forward and touch my knee causing me to throw my head backwards and clench my teeth.

"Are you okay?" My head shot forward tilting up. There was a boy, he was tall, wearing black shorts and a blue shirt. I smiled slightly looking from him to my leg then back again.

"I think so" I laughed. He held out his hand, four bracelets were on his wrist. I clasped my hand against his own tingles occurring in my arm. What?

"I doubt that!" He laughed with me lifting my arm around his shoulder so I was barely touching the floor. "I'm Jason" He smiled "And no, I'm not going to take you away and rape you"

I scoffed. "To be honest, that was the last thing going through my head right now" I inhaled his sweet scent, my body was heating up and I was sure I could feel sparks, but why? I shouldn’t feel them.

He smiled "What's your name?"

"Tamsin, Tamsin Elliot"