Chapter 19

"Hey" I left the line crackling for a few seconds before replying to Ellie.

"Hi" I breathed out slowly.

"Listen," She began taking in a deep breath. "I'm sorry"

"No, you shouldn't be. I'm sorry, I did the wrong and I really miss you as a friend" I admitted biting my lip. Justin was watching me cautiously trying to listen to what she was saying. 

"I guess I kind of stood in your way?" She mumbled.

"No..I..I don't really know how to answer that" I looked down closing my eyes. 

"Well I miss you as a friend too and we've never let a boy get between us before" 

"Yeah but none of those boys have ever been famous" I laughed dryly. "But I really am sorry and no matter how many times I say it, I understand if you don't forgive me"

"Look I haven't known you my whole life, we're not those kind of best friends. But I've known you long enough to know when you mean it and when you didn't deliberately hurt me. I also can't talk over everything with anybody but you and I'm getting tired of writing a diary" She chuckled.

"I miss your hugs, even though I don't really like them that much!" She laughed again.

"Hug the phone!" She shouted.

"I hope your mum doesn't think of me badly now, she's like the only proper mum I've had!" 

"She doesn't! She's the one who asked me to forgive you! Where are you staying by the way? I went to your house but this man told me you left a while ago? Will you be coming back to school on Monday?" 

"Oh yeah, I'm staying at Alec's that so called 'man' is a pervert and I feel much better here. I think so, my catch up didn't go to plan but I'll just start again this term. I've got four days to pull myself together!" 

"I missed you Tamsin" Ellie said quietly.

"I missed you too" 

"Tamsin, Justin dinners ready!" Alec called up the stairs. 

"Sorry, I've got to go, but I'll speak to you later?" I said quickly.

"Yeah, I've still got your number somewhere, I'll text you"

"Okay bye" I said quietly.

"Bye" 

I sighed as soon as I pressed disconnect. 

"You alright?" Justin asked taking his phone and resting his hand on my back.

"Yeah I'm fine"

"How did that go?" 

"Alright I think. I mean she wants to be friends and all but I don't know whether it will ever be the same with us again. I'll be close with her but never close enough to tell her everything and I won't be able to talk about..." I paused. "You" I said quietly. 

He laughed. "Well you have Alec for that now!" 

"Alec's a boy! It's different with a boy"

"Well you just spent an hour telling me different!" 

"Yeah well it's not the same and I'm not looking forward to going back to school. But at least you'll be there right?" 

"Yeah" He mumbled. "Right" He quickly got out his phone and looked at the front screen. 

"Wow you two spent a while together!" Alec laughed as we sat down. "What do you have to talk about?!" He started filling his face with pasta. 

"Ellie called" I said and he stopped eating.