Chapter Thirteen

Allison

"So here's the plan." Richard whispered.

We were still in his bedroom, I was sitting on his bed while he paced the floor, trying to formulate a plan.

Richard raked a hand through his chocolate colored hair and spoke, "Okay, I hate to do this, but you need to play along. I am going to have to be rough with you in front of Jack. I need you to pretend that I am the bad guy again."

I sighed impassively, not wanting to rehash what happened earlier, the way I was treated. It was awful.

"Fine, but I really need to get out of here, Richard. I hate it, I really do."

Richard took two long strides to the bed and plopped down next to me.

"I know you do, but it's almost over. I'm going to take down Jack and everything he has to live for. People like him deserve to be punished."

I slightly lifted my head to peak at Richard through my eyelashes. He really was handsome, his piercing jawline was incredible, and his soft, short stubble on his chin made him look even more masculine. His chocolate hair was slightly disheveled after frequently raking his hands through it nervously, but nonetheless, he still looked amazing. The way his eyebrows furrowed while he was in deep thought was adorable.

"How old are you?" I asked, suddenly bold.

Richard looked up, confused at my question.

"Twenty one, why?"

"Just wondering. Are you okay?" I asked.

Richard chuckled.

"I should be asking you that question, but yes, I'm fine."

Richard looked me in the eyes with a soft glint of humor touching his face.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"You're cute, Allison."

I blushed crimson as I looked down at my hands in my lap, wringing them nervously.

"You think so?" I breathed.

"Yeah, you remind me of my good friend from back home. No matter what she was going through, she never thought about herself. She was constantly worrying about other people. You just reminded me of her when you asked me if I was alright. I threw you against a wall not so long ago and you're asking me if I'm alright." He chuckled, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair, yet again.

I smiled to myself.

"I just figured you were aching from that awesome choke hold I performed on you."

Richard chuckled again, "Yes, it was so amazing it left me breathless... literally."

This time I laughed, really loud. Richard cupped my mouth shut with his large hand.

"Shhh.. You'll call Jack."

Oops.

I nodded my head and Richard slowly dropped his hand from my mouth. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and his touch was so gentle, so kind and welcome that I leaned my cheek into his warm hand.

Richard froze, eyeing me conspicuously, his expression soft.

"Are you developing feelings for me, Allison?" He asked.

"Maybe." I murmured.

I suddenly felt dauntless as I spoke, "You still owe me that kiss."

Richard smirked, "I do, don't I?"

Richard dropped his hand from my face and scooted closer to me. He then cupped my face again, gently stroking my heated cheeks with his thumb.

"You look cute when you blush." he said smoothly.

That comment only made me blush even more. God, this man.

Richard slowly began to lean into me, he touched his nose against mine and finally, his lips.