Chapter Twelve

Allison

John creased his eyebrows, all emotion gone from his face.

"I'm a cop." he said.

My look of incredulousness was welcome as he explained himself.

John took a deep breath and began to speak.

"I am an undercover police. My name is not John, it's Richard. John is just my undercover name. I have been working on this case for about four months now, trying to get all the details on the man who lives in this place. I-"

I waved my hands dismissively in his face, cutting him off.

"Wait. Don't spill everything out yet. I need clarity." I stated.

"Well, I'm giving you clarity. If you have a question, go ahead and ask."

"If you're a damn cop, then why did you kidnap me in the first place?" I huffed.

"The man who lives here, Jack is his name, has had his eyes on you for the past month. He's been tracking you, your daily schedule, how you behave around different types of people; heck, he has basically tracked your every single move. He ordered me to kidnap you; the reward for it, I would get to sleep with you." he stated.

My facial expression turned to one of disgust and disdain.

"But that's not what I have in mind. I am going to get you out of here, Allison. I promise I will, and I never break my promises." he said smoothly.

I suddenly felt safe in this man's arms. He was going to rescue me, I was going to be okay. I was going to return home and see my mother again.

I lone tear rolled down my cheek as Richard caught it with one swift swipe of his finger.

"So, Richard, huh?" I chuckled.

It's the first time I've laughed in a while.

"Yeah, Richard."