Let me run

Hellooo friends, chapter 3 yayy okay so I don't own the maze runner or any of the characters except Rebecca. I hope you'll like this chapter! Btw I'm sorry if there's a lot of spelling mistakes and grammar issues, I'll try to come back and edit later on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The runners..?" I look back at her, noticing Ben had gone to see them. "Minho and Thomas are our main runners, they run around the maze to find a way out, and comes back before the walls close"

"How do they know when the walls will close?" "They've been doing it for so long I guess"

I see Thomas and Minho back catching their breathe from their run. They didn't listen to Alby, what shanks. I laugh at the thought.

"Let's go, I'll introduce you to them" she stands up and walks with me, her stare stuck on the maze. Minho and Thomas walks over to us, "hey greenie, how you like this place so far?" "It's amazing" "it should be we worked our asses off for 3 years and-" her brows furrow, "3 years?!" She grabs hold of my hand, squeezing it, "hey it's okay" I look at her, "we're gonna be fine, we always have" I stare at them and nod, "we'll catch up with you guys later" we walk to the gardens, hoping to find more people to introduce her to. I want her to feel comfortable here, I take a quick glance at her, some of her hair on her face; I push it back behind her ear, "thanks" I smile.

"Guys wait!" We turn around Minho yelling, even though our distance is not that far away. "I think we're gonna hold a gathering"

She looks at me, her eyes wide with curiousity. "What's it about?!" I ask less louder then him.

"I don't know, just come" we head towards them and the building where all our meetings are held. "What's happening?" She looks into my eyes while walking, her gaze not breaking. "It's just a meeting, I don't know what it's about though, no one told me anything, these shanks" I laugh a little.

We head inside, people already here, "Newt...I'm scared" she looks around, probably overwhelmed by how many people are staring at her. I squeeze her hand, "it's okay, just stay close". She sits on a nearby chair, while I join Alby in the middle. We all listen very closely to what Alby has to say, " I'm pretty sure everyone here has heard about our new greenie, Rebecca" talk starts to stir in the crowds, everyone's eyes piercing through her skin. She looks down and takes a deep breathe, trying to calm down her thoughts. I whisper down to her, "it's okay Becca"

Alby smiles towards us, " and it also seems as if we have already gotten close" I smile looking at Rebecca.

"We have gathered around here today to find out what Rebecca can do around the glade" he pauses for a second, " she probably can't be a builder, or a slopper...but she can probably help with-" Rebecca stands up, " I'm sorry to inturrupt, but I want to be a runner"

a runner ?! Why would she want to do that?! That's the most dangerous job here,

"no Becca thats too dangerous" I stare at her but she looks so certain, like nothing will change her mind.

"I came from the maze right? I wasn't just born there, someone or somthing must've put me there, so there has to be a way out, maybe if I'm in there I can remember and I could try to remember where the exit was"

she sits back down, everyone nodding their heads.

Alby studies her, "your right" everyone agreeing with this situation, nodding their heads as if to confirm her thought. " it's too dangerous out there!" I look around hoping for support, Gally steps in, " Newt we don't know how long the princess was in there but she did survive those time periods. Alby looks at me nodding his head, " Minho and Thomas will be with her the entire time you don't need to worry newt" I laugh, " that's exactly why I'm worried"

Alby looks at Gally, " Gally can you go with Rebecca and find her some appropriate clothing" Gally stand up heading towards the exit, " come on princess"

She looks towards me smiling, I smile back crossing my fingers hoping she'll be alright. "Don't worry Newt, she isn't with Thomas and Minho yet" we both laugh.

I watch Rebecca follow Gally outside, her hair blowing on her back as she walks outside.

I go up to Alby, "when will she start?" " tomorrow morning hopefully" "Alby, I still think this is a bad idea" Alby looks at me, "we have to try Newt, she could be right, we might finally start making progress" I look down confused on the whole situation, "don't worry, she'll be fine" I sit down on the chair she was sitting on thinking how this situation will turn out.

*****

Thank you everyone for reading !!! I'm am trying to edit a lot of my mistakes I hope your all enjoying this story so far !!