Chapter 49 Part 2: Troublesome Demon

Lu He Nian nodded, stood up, then left the room together with Yun Rong. When the two people walked out of the elevator in the lobby, the manager on duty was still waiting and immediately went to greet them once he caught sight of them. He respectfully said: "Is the director going now? I'll get your car over from the parking area."

While talking, he stealthily looked at the two people up and down. Their expressions do not look like someone who has been caught in the act ah? Obviously his face was dark when he went in, but why did he come out smiling? Don't tell me..... The manager all of a sudden opened his eyes wide. Don't tell me the director played with the two of them?

"What's wrong?" Sensing the manager's look, Lu He Nian asked with a frown.

"Nothing, nothing. It's already very late, do you need to call the driver to send you back?" The manager was so scared he almost bit his own tongue.

"No need." Lu He Nian spoke indifferently.

When Yun Rong and Lu He Nian went out of the hotel, the parking attendant had already brought the car to the hotel's lobby. Because she ran out secretly in the middle of the night, Yun Rong felt a bit guilty. So she reached her hand out to open the car's back seat door.

"Just sit in front." Lu He Nian saw the young lady lower her head, her appearance showed that she didn't dare to face him. The anger on the account of the young lady goingoutside secretly without any word of explanation suddenly dispersed. His heart was settled and he spoke with a soft voice.

Yun Rong stopped in the middle of her action. In the end, she still opened the door of the front passenger seat and sat inside.

An invisible awkwardness was formed between the two people. While driving, Lu He Nian concealed that he was actually paying attention to each and every move of the young lady. After a while, from her yin yang bag, Yun Rong took out a tail feather that she had plucked just now and tied it to the rearview mirror. She then said with a tone of someone trying to win favor: "Second brother, the peacock is a lucky bird. Its tail feather can protect and keep you safe, it's beautiful and useful. I'll hang one for you, it's guaranteed that when you drive in the future you will be safe and sound."

Lu He Nian had a long face and didn't say a word. Actually, he also didn't know why he was angry. What he thought about didn't happen so he should have become happy. But the young lady kept him in the dark, not trusting him, his heart seemed to be burning in anger.

Yun Rong saw that Lu He Nian didn't speak and lowered her head, feeling at a loss. Lu He Nian saw her and his heart softened. As he was about to open his mouth to console her, Yun Rong said in a low voice: "Second brother, actually I didn't deliberately conceal it from you. Ever since the fight with Hebo, I often dream. There's always a man's back in the dream. I feel that I must have forgotten something very important, but I cannot recall it at all. Today when I ran into Bai Mo, he used hallucination, making me think that he was that man......."

"This thing had nothing to do with you, and you are busy enough with your work, that's why I......." Yun Rong had always been alone in these few thousand years. She didn't like troubling other people, moreover, Lu He Nian was a human.

"Okay......." Lu he Nian parked his car by the roadside and interrupted the young lady's words. He reached his hands out to grab Yun Rong's shoulders and said: "Who said that this had nothing to do with me......." Your business are more important than mine!

Yun Rong lifted her head and looked puzzledly at Lu He Nian.

Lu He Nian changed the topic of discussion, after all, he couldn't say what was in his heart. Pursing his lips, he said: "Since you call me second brother, your affair is my business. Even if I cannot help, you should still say something to me, maybe I can still ease your worry. Tonight you insisted on going out alone to meet others, this time it was a peacock demon with a 300 years cultivation who you could fix directly. What about next time? If you run into someone like Hebo, you might be at a disadvantage."

"Besides, you have an infinite lifespan. If you cannot recall at this time, that's fine. There will be a day when you will remember. You cannot remember perhaps because it wasn't such a happy memory."

This was the first time Lu He Nian said so many words. Yun Rong stared blankly, all of a sudden moisture emerged on her eyes. She felt as if her heart was full of something. She nodded and said: "I understand, second brother. You are truly the best human I've come across."

Lu He Nian forced a smile, once again he was branded as a good person.

After this matter was resolved, the two people's previous awkwardness disappeared. Driving towards Autumn Maple Villa, when they got off the car, Lu He Nian took down the peacock tail feather that Yun Rong hung earlier.

Yun Rong saw him and asked without thinking: "Second brother, why did you take it down? Does it look bad?"

Lu He Nian paused his movement, and said while pressing the corner of his lips: "This car is not used much, I'll hang it in a car that's frequently used." Recalling that this thing was the feather from another man's buttocks, his teeth itched in anger. Still wanted him to hang it where he could see it everyday? He really was unable to do so.

"It's okay, I plucked a lot. If second brother likes it I'll give you a few more." As Yun Rong spoke, she right away opened the yin yang bag.

He can't wait to throw this one away, still going to get a few more?

Lu He Nian quickly held the young lady's hand and said: "No need, one is enough. Although the peacock tail feather is useful, it cannot be compared to your aura of luck."

When Yun Rong heard this, she thought it was right. As long as she touched things, they would be infected by her fortune. She often sat in Lu He Nian's car, indeed it was much more beneficial than a peacock's tail feather. Thinking this way, she nodded and no longer took out the feathers in her bag.

Looking at the young lady walking ahead, her back figure disappearing from view, Lu He Nian let out a breath. He glanced repulsively at the feather in his hand and finally took out a lighter to burn it. After all it was a Grade-onefirst-grade nation-protected animal. If he threw it in the rubbish bin and people happened to see it, what would they say?

When he entered the house, Yun Rong no longer saw the feather in his hand and thought that he had hung it in another car and didn't put it in mind. She smiled and said: "Second brother, do you think it's a bit strange why I pulled out Bai Mo's tail feathers?"

Such a demon who seduced girls and went to open rooms in hotels, don't mention pulling a few feathers, even if the whole body's feathers were pulled out cleanly, Lu He Nian thought the young lady's deed was just. But since she asked, he still asked: "Why did you do that? I think this punishment is still a bit too light."

"The peacock clan loves beauty. Losing his tail feathers, perhaps due to embarrassment, Bai Mo would not meet people for a short while. In this way, he would not have the chance to go out and harm female humans. Moreover, Bai Mo's cultivation is all in his gorgeous tail feathers. I pulled out more than half, I'm afraid his cultivation won't return in 5 - 10 years. This time he ate a big lesson, it's very likely he really will not dare to do these again next time."

Recalling how she had humiliated that cheating young child, Yun Rong was both happy and excited.

Listening to Yun Rong, Lu He Nian also felt his anger disappearing. He laughed and tapped the young lady's nose: "This way is good. Since his life cannot be harmed, just give him enough lessons."

The first-grade nation-protected animal- Bai Mo was lying on the floor of the hotel's presidential suite. Only after half a day did he come out of his trance. He moved his hands and legs and in a short while he turned from a peacock to a young man without any clothes attached to him. Looking at his beautiful feathers, he eventually let out a cry. His pitiful feathers, don't know how many years it will take for them to grow back!

If it's the feathers on his body, that's still fine. But the most, most important was the tail feathers. He had never encountered such heartlessness, his tail was almost bald. When he went back for the new year, how would he meet his brothers and sisters ah, he would be laughed to death!