Part 6

Hey, there are more POV switches in this one (still only Tyler and Rowans POV though) and i had a comment in the previous chapter that it was a bit confusing about when i switch so i have gone back and made it really clear. I hope this helps and hope you like it.xxx

6.

Rowan

     Will I live one more day? This is the question I ask myself every morning when I wake up, every night when I go to sleep and during all of the time between. It's always there, even when it isn't. The same question, gnawing away at my subconscious mind. It never leaves, not really. Sometimes I get distracted and it isn't at the forefront of my thoughts but I know it is still there somewhere, hovering just beneath the surface.

       At first there was a simple answer to this question. I don't know. They said that they didn't want to hurt me but after what had happened on that first night I had no idea what would happen. Now I answer this question with another question.

     Do I want to?

     And this is a whole other question in itself. And along with these questions are another set of answerless questions. Some I have asked only to be ignored so I have stopped asking.

     Why am I here? Who are you? What do you want from me? When will you let me go?

     Others I keep to myself, festering and stewing as I search for answers that I don't posses.

     What can Tyler 'use me' for? What really happened on that first night? Was I the one who burned him? How? Where did that puddle come from? What's with the weird tattoo?

     And then there are those that I try with all my might not to think about because it is just too painful.

     Are my parents looking for me? Have they given up? Does Beth miss me? Did she go to prom without me? Does anyone even care that I'm gone?

     So, as you can see, my days are filled with silent questions and impossible answers and the manic workings of my idle mind which hopes to drive me insane. It is very slowly succeeding.

     They are wining.

      I woke up with a pounding head and I was aching all over. My throat burned as I tentatively sucked in air and every muscle protested as I wriggled into a sitting position.

      I didn't know what to feel when I caught sight of two bright blue eyes staring back at me coldly.

      Of course there was that instinctual hatred for Tyler that flooded through me every time I saw him. Then there was that ache of disappointment that he had been the opposite of what I saw the first time I laid eyes on him in the coffee shop. There was the echo of anger I had felt before. There was profound relief that I hadn't woken up to the sight of two crazed twins. And then there was just plain, simple confusion.

     He was sitting on the floor in the middle of the room just a few feet away from me. The door was closed and I felt incredibly isolated from the outside world. The light bulb burned above his head and cast shadows along the hard walls.

     "What do you want?" I didn't know if I meant what did he want right now or what did he want with me in this place. It didn't matter though because he didn't answer the question.

     Instead he pushed over a plastic bowl to me, using his fingers and then snatching them back like he wasn't comfortable getting too close to me. I saw for the first time that his hands were wrapped up and I wondered faintly if I did that. How did I do that?