Part 4

Here is the next part. Hope you like it and please don't forget to vote because I have officialy entered the Watty Awards!!!

 Wish me luck :)

 Paige.XOXO

4.

  Rowan

     I have a question. If your soul leaves your body, are you still alive? Or are you just  a hollow human shell with nothing left inside? Theoretically I should be able to answer this question. Theoretically I should know, only I cant feel anything. I don't feel dead but I don't feel quite alive either. I'm still in here, my mind's still working but I just feel numb. I know that my soul left me a long time ago. I cant say how long; I don't know. I think that it left around about the time I first set eyes on Tyler.

      Maybe fate stole it the very instant I agreed to go shopping with Beth. Beth. I haven't thought about Beth in what feels like forever. I try not to think about my old life. Yes, I have become so hopeless that I am referring to it as my old life. I'm not stupid because I know that I can never go back. Not now. Beth is just a memory. Just someone I use to know way back when. I know that I should miss her but I don't. I cant.

      Perhaps it abandoned me on my first night here. It would make sense, I would have given anything to have left my body on that first night.

       I was half conscious when I felt the car stop. My eyes were still glued shut and my mind was still safe in dream world but a small part of me was acutely aware of what was going on. They didn't know I was alert I don't think, which was good because I really didn't want any more drugs pumping through my system.

      I heard the slam of a car door and muffled talking. The warm air brushed playfully against my sweaty skin and the sun stroked hot fingers along my back. The next thing I knew, I felt someone's strong hands around my waist, hoisting me out of the seat and throwing me over their shoulder like a weightless rag doll. My arms dangled down their back, flimsy and rubber-like. It was extremely uncomfortable and I wanted to shout for them to set me back on solid ground but my body wouldn't follow my brain's commands. I couldn't move.

     It was scary and frustrating being aware of what was going on around me yet not being able to do or say anything about it. My mind was racing but my body was still deep in slumber and I couldn't do anything about it. My gut was being crushed by his shoulder however no matter how much I tried, I couldn't shift into a more comfortable position.

    "Where are ya takin' 'er?" I heard the Cockney man ask. I deducted that it must be Tyler carrying me then. I wanted to smack him so hard I would draw blood. I wanted to kick and punch and spit because of what he did to me. Even then I didn't guess that things were about to get a thousand times worse.

     "Well I'm hardly going to take her back to my room am I? She's going where the rest of them go: Underground," he answered and my spine prickled.

      Oh God he's gonna kill me! My mind screamed frantically. He said that I'm going underground. Underground where you'll find fossils and coffins and rotting corpses. Underground is where the dead are buried. They are sick psycho murderers and they're going to kill me like the other people they have abducted.

     Trying harder than ever, I commander my body to respond. I needed to fight if I had any chance but my arms and legs just hung limp and unmoving. I'm dead.

     "Need any help?" Help? Help killing me?