3

***
A/N I may have forgotten to mention that Clarisse was told to follow them, too. Also I may or may not be spelling kingdom people's things right. I.E Avanian
***

Jaron's pov

As I stood there, I had completely forgotten that there were people behind us in my annoyance with Conner. That was until a few minutes later when Imogen tugged at my sleeve. I looked down at her with my few inch hieght advantage and she pointed. I turned. "Oh." I cleared my throat before continuing in an Avanian accent "Sorry about that. 'Lord' Nico, there's your sword. As for you other nine, sorry shows over go back to whatever bunkers you came from."

One of the others stepped up. A tall, dark haired, muscly girl with a spear and a fabric headband. "Oh no it's not twig. The shows over when we say it is so you better keep acting."
"Or..."
"Or?"
"Or what. There has to be an 'or what' with that." There was silence. Then she pulled out her spear and leveled the tip at eye level.
"You better watch your stupid tongue twig. It could get you into-"
"Giant piles of horse dung and 'trouble'? That's what you were going to say, right? Trouble? Yeah it already has, more than once."
"If I weren't so generous you'd probably be dead by now."
"You're generous? Dang, I'd like to see what's not generous. Also how long?"
"What?"
"How long do I need to watch my tongue?"
"Chiron can I kill him yet?" Before this 'Chiron' person had the chance to say anything, Roden was in front of me with his sword drawn.
"You will not-" And then he was twitching on the floor. I held and pushed the others back.
"He's fine. Don't be concerned, I just hit a pressure point. Really hard." That's when Tobias stepped up.
"J-"
"Oh and by the way the name's Sage" I stabbed figurative daggers into Tobias's eyes.
"Ah, yes. Sage did you read through one of my physician's books?"
"Nah. Could never, would never, do that. I took the one you forgot in the library, flipped to the chapter about pressure points, turned to the last page and studied the pictures before putting it back. That was before death."

There was an awkward silence. Another of the people stepped forward. A dark skinned boy, though not as dark as Mott, with dark curly hair and brown eyes, wearing an oily white shirt, brown oily pants rolled up at the knee with some kind of tool belt. He walked up to me and stuck out his hand. "Leo Valdez, bad boy supreme." We shook. He had a good grip, not gonna lie and his hand was surprisingly warm. But, when we shook my sleeve slid down a bit, so I had to l fix it. What I didn't realize was that I pulled it up too far, so it showed some of my brand mark.

Another stepped forward and we shook. "Percy Jackson." He turned and pointed to everyone. "That there is Clarisse. Don't mind her, she's not very bright. You already know who Leo and Nico are, those are Frank and Hazel, they're dating; Jason and Piper, also dating; Annabeth, my girlfriend; and Chiron our camp director." I did the same thing. Kind of.

"That's Mott a retired soldier, Roden is the one unconscious right now, he's a castle guard; Tobias is a physician with Amarinda as his apprentice; that there's Fink- trying to play with a rat. He's some annoying kid that decided to take a liking to me. He wants to be a knight. That's Imogen, a maid. A mute maid. And I'm, admittedly a thief. And a peasant. Everyone here except Mott, Imogen, and Amarinda were orphaned. That's why the rest of us met. Conner, the nobleman bought us as servants, which is where we met Imogen who was hired before Conner realized she was mute. Also where we met Amarinda who is royalty. She had visited Conner's estate with her family, and Tobias ended up serving her." As Imogen and the others I introduced gaped, Chiron came forward in the silence that followed.

"Well Sage, it is nice to meet you and your friends. However, I must ask. Why did they call you Jaron if your name is Sage?" That's when I panicked. One of my hands went to my sword and the other my satchel, as the man sat in his wheeled chair. He noticed my brand and rolled forward seizing my arm from my sword and rolling up my sleeve to my elbow. I pulled and thrashed to get away, but he wouldn't give. "What is this Sage? Is that even your real name? I heard stories of a great king by the name of Jaron. The ascendant king of Carthya. In stories, they said he pretended to be an Avanian to escape his duties. They also said he was an Avanian pirate. According to the tales and records kept, they branded their members. The brand was said to look something like this. Who are you really?" He let go of my arm.

Immediately my sword was in my hand, Fink had his flimsy sword, Roden and Mott had thiers drawn, too. In turn the campers drew weapons as well. If there was to be a fight, let the games begin. We've been outnumbered onehundred to three before. These odds weren't that bad.