Percy's pov

Last summer was a rather eventful one. We fulfilled  the prophecy of the seven, and defeated Gaea. Hopefully this time she will never rise again. We had just been talking about what we could do at camp this summer, when Nico arrived. Nico had left a few weeks ago to help his father, Hades, in the underworld. Apparently, the Fates had decided to cause some trouble. The details are classified, from what we're told.

He came and sat down, Will following close behind after getting Nico some food and adding some to the camp fire. When they sat down, Nico absentmindedly started muttering and stabbing at his food. And I mean literally. He had grabbed his knife and was stabbing his food. After a while, he muttered two words that actually made sense. "Mass chaos" he stood up and left for the Big house. By the time we were done, Nico was heading to his cabin, cabin 3, Hades' cabin, assumingly to take a nap. I remembered a few years ago when he had told me that with great power comes the great need to take a nap. Relatable. I told Annabeth and the others that I was headed to the arena, to get some practice, and maybe play with my favorite and only pet, Mrs O'leary the Hellhound.

By the time I left the showers and went for dinner, Nico was emerging from his cabin. We went through our routine of giving some of our meals to the gods and sat down. Chiron left the head table and came down to talk to us. He had told us that Nico would need or help with something in the woods, and to be prepared for anything. When we were done, Nico took some more food - most likely for summoning - and led us into the trees.

"What's going on?" I had asked when I had felt it was too quiet. His response was confusingly simply and straightforward. "Some of the ghosts and spirits from the underworld are missing. Along with a horse."

I was thoroughly confused now. A horse? Spirits missing? Despite all my questions, "How many?" was all that came out of my mouth. "Seven people. And a horse" Again with the horse. Seriously, was he mocking me? A few minutes later, one of many questions was answered.

Nico had apparently predug a hole to do his summoning with. He filled the hole with cherry Coke bottles and added the steaks he grabbed. He drew his sword and put the tip of the blade to the mixture. He muttered a few words and then loud enough for us all to hear "Rise, Queen Erin of Carthya" one single spirit came forward and drank. She curtsied to Nico when she rose and asked "Lord Nico. How may I be of service?"

"Erin, your son and six others are missing from the Fields of Asphodel, but also Elysium. Do you have any idea where they may be?"

"I don't. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help. But you must specify, I have two sons."

"Jaron. The ascendant king."

"Good luck getting him back. He knows how to disappear better than anyone else. He was very adventurous." With a laugh, she added "And if you ask his father, misbehaviours. Catching him was like catching a mouse without a cat. Or some kind of trap."

"Of course we get the wild ones. Thank you for your time. You may go." The ghost named Erin curtsied one last time and left. Nico put his sword to the liquid again and said this time "Rise, Bevin Connor, former nobleman of Carthya" As another ghost stepped forward, six ghosts - and that of a horse - rose from the ground and started glowing as they slowly drifted towards us.

"Is this normal?" Leo asked above the wind.

"No! Why would this be normal?" At that, the wind picked up again and yet another ghost rose from the ground and appeared to be resisting. Slowly, the spirits took up physical bodies and fell to the ground.