Jaron's pov

Sitting in the back and listening, I had gathered some not actually very useful information. But listening, it helped explain what happened in the stables last night. And that still bothers me. After the boy called Nico spoke, it went silent. And when Annabeth spoke again, I was torn from my thoughts. "The Fates have that kind of power," she had said, but who exactly were the Fates?
"How do the Fates have that kind of power then, Annabeth?"
"Because. They are the ones who determine new life, and they determine who will die and when. Percy and Grover have seen them, and I'm sure some of you have, too. They knit massive socks, and those socks are a person's life. So why can't they pick some up again, and bring people back?" Chiron sighs, but then he speaks.
"You're very right Annabeth. They could. The true question, is not who, and not necessarily why. Rather, the true question, is why they would bring to life, a horse,"
I spoke for the first time in this meeting. "Because if anything happens, I will ride only my horse. And my horse is Mystic, the one they brought back. Also, who are the Fates?"
"I will tell you who the Fates are if you tell us who you all really are,"
"Oh, yeah. Asking him that will get you nowhere,"
"Firstly, Roden, thank you for spreading a lie. It all depends on my mood. And second," I dropped the Avanian accent and stand up. "I am Jaron Artolias Eckbert III, Ascendant King of Carthya, but also the King of the Avanian Pirates. If you have doubts, I have the branding on my arm to prove the pirate part of it, but also I have these," I reach into my satchel and bring out my family ring and my crown, placing them on the table.

Immediately, the campers have it snatched up, and are inspecting it. They look amazed, like they've never seen a crown before. Though I do suppose that it is possible from what I can tell of this timeline. But also from what I can tell from past experience, if I'm being summoned, it's probably going to be for a war discussion. Especially when the summon comes from mystical beings, not that that's ever happened. Might as well get it over with. "So what's the war?"
"What war?"
"I've received a summons from mystical beings. Things like that never just happen. And I only ever get summons when it comes to war council, so what do we need to know Chiron,"
"I fear you are correct Jaron. The old oracle had more prophecies, and only one will come into play here. Much like the prophecy of The Seven, but it is a prophecy of fourteen. Will someone get Elizabeth? And ask her to bring the prophecy. She should know which one it is,"

***

When the messenger came back with the girl named Elizabeth, she had a small leather bag in one hand. She approached the table and pulled out a small piece of parchment. She read it aloud.

"Seven shall gather with a second chance
Another seven will give them fourteen to lance
Numbers will come from far away lands
They may fall to the enemy's demands

One may climb and one may crawl
They will advance in the passage of Fall
They will fight the enemy's advance
And a melody will give them one final chance"

That was ominous, but I suppose that's the purpose of prophecies. And unfortunately it was very clear that I would have to fight again. I sighed and stood up. "I suppose that if we have until fall comes, and it's not only summer right now, but also high noon. I didn't get a chance to eat last night, and I get grouchy if I miss not only breakfast, but also lunch. Ask any of them," I point to the others behind me. "So I am going to go eat. Just try to stop me,"

Leo spoke up. "Um, Jaron, it's only 10:50 in the morning. We normally eat lunch anytime between 11:30-12 o'clock," Oh Leo when will you learn that I listen to no one. "Then I'll wait ten minutes and eat an early lunch. Because we will have a grand entrance and introduction to the rest of the campers. We won't stay otherwise,"