Six

I'm sorry for the crappy last chapter. Thought I should get that out there. In case you were the one person who read it a couple days ago, when it was first posted, read it again because I changed the plot a lot.

Time skip to December 15 (same year) (California instead of New York)

Annabeth POV (she is seven months pregnant)

I was sitting on the couch trying to finish the rough draft of my essay for my required english class. Percy was sitting at our small table, cook books and and various other things strewn around him. He was much more productive than I was, that's for sure. I like watching him work. It's odly satisfying.

We had decided that today was a work day, being that Wednesday was our day off in the middle of the week.

"You're staring, Beth," Percy said, cross referencing something in his paper with a book on the table.

"I was not- wait, how'd you know?"

"I've known you for like," he thought about it for a second. "Nine years. I known when you're staring at me. And reflections," he finished with a wink. "And you're obviously not working on your paper. I think we should go out."

"What? Percy, I need to finish this-"

"You've written four short paragraphs in three hours. I only need to finish proofing mine. Come on, let's go," he explained.

"Percy, you're forgetting something."

He looked confused "What?"

"Clothes?" He looked down at himself, letting out a swear. I was right, he only had his boxer shorts on, being that he hates getting dressed without and also that we were planning on staying in our small apartment all day.

"I'll be right back! And you have to change! It's winter!" He said, hurrying down the short hallway to our room. I should have figured he would say that. I walked to our room and pulled open my dresser drawers, exchanging my short-shorts for black maternity sweat pants, and my over sized shirt, (it was Percy's. Keyword: was) for a regularly sized one, or as regular sized as a maternity shirt can be, and brushed my hair for the first time in days. Or tried to, at least.

Percy had just finished looping a thick black belt through the loops in his jeans, and I went over to him and pulled his grey shirt down over the belt.

"I was getting to that!" He exclaimed, moving to straighten my shirt underneath my baby bump. He let his hands rest on top of it for a couple seconds.

"And I was getting to that!" I told him. He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead, making me smile.

...

Percy led me down the three sets of stairs to the bottom of our apartment building. Ever since we got trapped in an elevator when we were seventeen, we had developed a severe fear of elevators, and didn't use them if we could avoid it.

We went through the front doors and I breathed in the fresh air. I hadn't realized that I had a headache until it started to fade away outside our cramped apartment.

We walked for about two blocks, hand in hand, when Percy asked me what I was thinking about.

"Just thinking," I replied.

"About?" He pressed.

"The future. You know, the first semester ends in like two weeks. That means we get to go to PicklesVille. I how long do you think it will take for transferring to happen? And like, be done? Do we have enough money to rent a house there? Will any one even want to rent us a place? I'll have to look when we get back. Or, maybe we could stay in a guest room or basement until we have enough money to rent our own house. Oh! Maybe-"