Five

Annabeth POV (August 12)

Percy had woken me up fairly early this morning. After we had gathered the few things that we had taken into the room with us, and gotten dressed, we were ready to go.

"I take first shift!" I told Percy, taking the keys from a table near the door.

"No no, I take first shift!" Percy argued, trying to take the keys from my hand. I pulled them out of his reach.

"No way! You ended last time, so it's my turn!" I rebutted.

"But- ugh fine! You can drive first shift! But no more than two hours!"

"Hmm, we'll see about that." I kissed his cheek. He tried to take the keys from me. "Traitor!" I ran out the door and into the car. We had already loaded our luggage in earlier, so I was just waiting for Percy.

He opened up the passenger side door and slid into the seat. "I still can't believe you don't want me to drive," Percy mumbled.

"Too bad," I said, starting the car and waiting a few minutes to back out of the parking spot.

Percy rambled about numerous things while I drove out of town and onto the highway.

After an hour or so of is talking Percy said something that made me think really hard about a certain thing.

"Annabeth, pull over," Percy told me.

I did as he asked.

"Hop out, somethings on your mind. Let's switch,"

I got out when he did and we switched so that I was in the passenger seat and he was driving. Waiting for a car to pass us, he pulled into the highway again.

After a few minutes, Percy said "Annabeth what's wrong? You've been acting strange. Did I say something wrong because apologizing if I did."

"Well you did say something," I told him. "About where we're going to live after we finish the first year of college. I know you want to move to New Rome and stay there, but I think we should move to PicklesVille. Hear me out: it's safe, it's affordable, it's closer to your mother than California."

"Well, I don't know. How about this; we go live in New Rome for the first semester. Then we move to PicklesVille and transfer over for the second, and when the year is over, we decide which we like best," he proposed.

I thought about it. "The baby's due in February, so it could work. Yeah, yeah let's do it."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, we're off to New Rome then!"

... Time skip because it's boring to write road trips...

After three switches (6 hours) on the road, we decided to stop for lunch.

We decided on Culver's, a popular fast food joint. We went inside, ordered our food, and sat at a booth. Percy slid into the booth next to me. I rolled m eyes.

"Why don't you ever sit across from me anymore?" I ask playfully.

"Harder to kiss you over a table," he said simply.

I pecked his check. "You're not wrong."

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "I know."

I laughed.

...

We stayed at the restaurant longer than we should have. But we did have a good time, laughing, joking, and generally having a good time. Percy suggested that we get on the road again after at least a hour.

That's why we're on the highway arguing about the best fast food joint.

(573 words) I think this is the worst chapter I have very written.