Ch.6

I walk into the bar up the street from the barber shop. There's a new girl sitting at the bar, but she's talking to the bar tender and drinking soda. I sit on the far right side of her.
"Happy,"Jessica leaves the girl and walks to me,"what are you going for today?"
"Anything strong,"I respond.
"Jessie I've got to go,"the girl smiles brightly. I watch her walk out with her peppy steps and big smiling face.
"She just moved down here," Jessica offered, but I shake my head.
"No one should be with me."
"You can't go on like this Hap,"she tries. I lay down my money and walk out, but maybe she's right it's been three years since Velvet died.

*Sam POV*

I try to start up my car, but it won't start. I hit my steering wheel several times, and then lay my head on it in frustration. I sit in silence for what seems like an eternity before I hear a tap on my window. I look up to see the guy from inside the bar so I crack my window.
"What?"I ask. He shakes his head, with his rough, wore out face smiles sarcastically.
"I know some mechanics up the road."
"How do I know your not some pervert that just wants to rape me?"I ask cautiously.
"You don't,"he said getting on his Harley-Davidson,"but what can it hurt now?"
"I'll accept that,"I sigh.
"I'll be back with the tow truck,"he puts on his helmet before adding,"don't go anywhere." I just roll my eyes.

A few minutes later, I watch as he pulls up the tow truck and hooks up my car.
"So do you want a ride home, or do you want to call someone?"he asks.
"Actually, I was on my way to my friend's house,"I smile brightly.
"I can take you there. If you'd like,"he states.
"No, thanks for all your help but it's just right around the corner."
"Come on. I don't want you walking around this town by yourself,"he sighs.
"Don't worry about me. I'm a big girl I can handle myself,"I say as I pull up my shirt a little to reveal my pistol on my side,"mine will do the same thing as yours." I pull my shirt down and giggle softly.
"Just be careful alright."
"You're the garage around the corner right?" I ask and he returns with a nod before riding off.