Ch. 4

**A week later**

Where am I? It's cold... am I dead? I open my eyes to be greeted by a nurse.

"Hey Mr.Lowman it's good to see your eyes opened,"she said with a smile.

"That must have been one hell of a nap,"I chuckled softly.

"She's a keeper. I'm surprised you haven't put a ring on it,"she said gesturing beside me. I look down at my right hand and it had the head of an angel resting on it.

"We aren't even together,"I sighed.

"Well she's been here since the night you came in,"she said," I'm sorry I assumed."

"It's fine she's a really close friend,"I smiled as she walked out.

** Velvet POV **

Is that a hand on my face? It can't be because no one would touch my face but Happy and his hand is in mine. I slowly open my eyes to see soft dark brown eyes staring at my head which is laying on Happy's and my hands.

"Good morning beautiful," the lips whispered with a hint of weakness but hearing his voice again makes me smile without a choice. My head shoots up still looking into his eyes and my hand still holding his.

"Your awake," I kissed his hand and continued," I have to call the guys! I have to call Gemma! I have t-"

"Velvet," he said cutting me off," just relax." I just wanted to cradle him like a baby and kiss him like a mother would kiss her baby after not seeing it for a couple of days. He's not talking what do I say? Should I say something? Oh no! I'm blowing it again!

"So what's up with you and Kyle?"he asks without any emotion.

"Oh... well...,"I tried to muster the words," we kinda broke up because... well because I've been up here all week with you."

"You have?"he asked.

"Yes actually he got mad and told me to choose and I think we all know my answer,"I slightly smile. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"Thank you,"he said with his lips still on my forehead. I smiled and almost cried. "So what's on today's agenda?"he asked me.

"Well I have work at six but I can be here with you for lunch and dinner," I told him confidently.

"Go home!"he almost demanded.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Go home. You need rest and you don't need to worry about me,"he said a little softer.

"Happy Lowman I have been here since the day you got here don't tell me to leave you right now it's way too late for that!"I exclaimed.

"Have you seen Abel this week?"he asked changing the subject.

"Happy fucking Lowman don't change the subject!"

"Look baby girl I didn't mean it like that you just need rest before work,"he explained.

"Fine,"I said grabbing my purse and keys off the counter. I kissed his forehead angrily and went to walk out but his voice caught my attention so I turned around. "What did you say?"

"I said its cute when you get mad," he said with a chuckle so I flipped him off and walked out.