Ch.7

"Mom can I go see dad?"
"Darlin', I've told you that your dad is busy with his work,"my mom sighed with her usual excuses.
"He doesn't care about us anymore does he?"I slide my plate forward and slide my chair out with my body as I stand up.
"Don't say that Samantha!"mom warned, but I wasn't having it. I walked out the door slamming it behind me, and I walked out into the woods.
"SAMANTHA!!" I hear my mom yell, but I know she won't leave the porch; I keep walking until her voice fades into nothing more but a mere sliver of a sound.
I walk down a hill where the trees open up, and I see a couple of guys with shovels. I squint and I can see a black bag over one's shoulder that is shaped like a person. I stare for a minute while they penetrate the ground with their shovels. The tallest guy leans over and says something to the guy beside him, but I can't hear anything between the birds and my heartbeat that is beating so fast that my rib cage is rattling. I see the guy walking my way so I hide in the bush beside me. The guy walks past me without seeing me, but when he walks around the tree I hear a zipper. Yuck!

(I promise I'll work on the rest of this chapter!! Thanks for reading this far!! :* )