Epilogue: Just Hooked.

*Two Years Later*

"Pumpkin! Have you seen my tie?!"

Cooper poked his head out from behind the closet door, catching a glimpse of Oliver adjusting his suit in the mirror, no tie on.

Tonight was the night of their prom, a night that was going to be special for them because Cooper was planning (if Mr. and Mrs. Otto gave their permission) to ask Oliver to marry him. Well, marry him one day.

They were only 18, so it was more of a promise ring than anything. But still, Cooper wanted to guarantee they'd be together forever. All he needed was for Oliver to say yes.

"Yeah, amor. I'm pretty sure it's in the bathroom," He said, startling Oliver from across the room. "Thanks." Oliver nodded, strolling out the room to retrieve his tie.

Cooper grinned, moving back into the closet and towards the suit jacket hanging up. He pulled out the small ring box, opening it with a click to make sure Luther hadn't eaten the diamond ring.

The ring was expensive, with tiny diamonds in the silver band while the biggest rock was in the middle. It took him almost a month to find the perfect ring and Cooper hoped that Oliver would like it.

He closed the velvet box and placed it back in his suit jacket before getting dressed. When he finished, Oliver was dragging him out of the room, telling him that Gina and Brie were already ready and had the limo waiting for them. Gina and Brie started dating a few months before and they were the cutest couple Oliver and Cooper helped put together.

"Go on, I just need to get something," Cooper said at the front door.

Oliver scrunched his face, dark brows knit as he looked at him confused, "Fine." He walked out the door, closing it behind him as Cooper sighed in relief.

He made his way over to the kitchen island where Katie and Greg were talking while looking at photos on Katie's phone. "Hey um, I need to ask you guys something?" Cooper spoke up, getting their attention.

They turned to him, confused looks on their face, "What's up Cooper?"

Cooper took a deep breath, pressing down his suit with the palms of his hands. "I love your son so much, and one day I want to well... I want to marry him, not till after college of course! But I wanted to propose? Like a pre-engagement Promise ring sort of-" He rambled, waving his hands around, and before he could say anything else, Katie and Greg hand their arms around him, hugging him.

He leaned into the hug, all of his worries melting away because he knew the Otto's weren't big on hugging. "Cooper, we know you're still young and all, but if you really plan to wait, then we give our blessing," Katie said softly.

Cooper could've cried right then and there but he didn't want to worry the Otto's. He sniffled, whipping at his eyes as the two parents backed away from Cooper, both of them smiling.

"Now go, you're going to miss your prom," She laughed. Cooper nodded, getting his composure back, and walked out of the house feeling a lot more confident.

...

The prom turned out to be a masterpiece, Oliver laughing and twirling Cooper around on the dance floor till they were both tired and dizzy. Cooper pulled him by the dip of his waist, kissing him gently as they swayed to the slow beat of some song from the 90s, probably Boys to Men or All-4-One. Though Cooper didn't care, Oliver's lips were sticky sweet from the punch.

Cooper felt his heart flutter when Oliver moved his hands to cup his face, pressing their bodies together and not caring if anyone noticed or stared. And Cooper felt like it was the perfect time to put his plan into action.