A New World

Luz felt like she was being hurdled in every direction. It was like she was being pulled one way and then pulled another, there wasn't even a chance to breathe. Her back was in even more pain then it was previously and every body part feels like it is being ripped apart. This was weird, when Luz went through the portal months ago, it was literally like walking into another room and now it's painful and not immediate. Luz felt like she was being tossed around for hours, but then it stopped. 

Before she could take in a breath, she was flung forward. Luz landed on the floor with a loud thud. Luz squeezed her palms to try and alleviate the pain that has now spread throughout her body. She sniffed a little, Luz could smell some type of earthy-musty smell. It was gross, but she could also feel some calmness washing over her. 

Luz slowly opened her eyes, pleased that it wasn't very bright out. Her already irritated eyes could take a little break.  She shivered, not only was it cold, but the front of her body was now wet, from the wet wood that is underneath her. 

Looking around to her left Luz could see grass, a muddy path and a whole lot of trees. To her right she could see an open door connecting to a wooden house. Gritting her teeth, Luz pushed herself up to stand so she could get a proper view of things. 

Her mind made the connection.

Her jaw dropped.

"I'm back on earth..." Luz mumbled, "Wait, I'm back on earth!" Luz started to jump around and do a victory dance ignoring the pain her body was screaming. Luz slowed down as a wave of exhaustion hit her like a ton of bricks. I should probably find my mom. Luz thought, making a mental list of all things she needs to do. 

Suddenly something struck her. "I don't have the key!" Luz quickly patted down her body and looked around. Then she saw the black string connecting to the key peeking outside the doorway. Bending down Luz grabbed it and draped it around her neck, tucking it safely under her hoody. She breathed out a sigh of relief. 

"Mija is that you?!" A voice yelled not too far from where Luz stood.

Luz froze, she knew exactly who that voice belonged to. She wanted to pick up her feet and run to her mom, but Luz's feet stayed in place. "Luz, where have you been?" Camilla demanded emerging from the woods, "It's been hours! I sent you to the store to pick up a few items, instead I find you hear at an abandoned house. Do you have any idea how worried i've been?!" 

"I-i-"

"This better not be about those fantasy's of yours. Dios mio Luz," Camilla stopped her scolding to rub her eyes. "Well, what do you have to say for yourself?" 

Turning to face her mother she got a full view. Camilla was wearing a plain white t-shirt with a light yellow sweater to keep her warm against the cold. She was sporting navy blue pants and some basic black tennis shoes. Apart from her clothes Camilla looked the same as she always had to Luz, square glasses and her medium brown hair pulled into a high ponytail.  Camilla was also carrying a white purse that was strapped over her right shoulder. 

 Luz hadn't thought this far ahead. What was she supposed to say? Hey mom, I was just in a demon realm for five- "Wait did you say i've been gone for a few hours?"

 Camilla groaned, "Yes mija, a few hours." 

Despite the cold, Luz could feel sweat starting to build. "Uh, well I was heading to the store when I saw an animal and followed it," Luz took a deep gulp "And I uh, hit my head on something and I just woke up before you did." Luz gave a nervous chuckle. 

Camilla dead-panned. 

"That is the worst excuse i've ever heard, but we'll discuss your punishment later, for now lets get home."