Chapter 12: Until The Doorbell Rang..

Darcy Parker

"I'm sorry..." Harry's voice trailed off. I'm sorry.  Those two words his voice spoke making my head swirl. Why? I shake my head slightly. 'Forgive and forget' The motto I was raised by. The motto that was drilled into my head. The motto that I was told I have to live by. The promise I made to my granny. 

'Always remember pet, forgive and forget and life will be a breeze. I promise you' Her croaked old voice broke out before her eyes slowly closed and her hand slipped from mine. 

I shake my head slightly, blinking back the tears. "It's ok Harry, I forgive you" I answer, lifting my head up to meet his stare which I'm almost sure is on me.

"I was just in shock, I'm so sorry, I mean I just left you there, like some kind of idiot jerk, I am such an ars-wait..you forgive me?" He rambled on in his Cheshire accent until it hit him. I forgave him. I mentally laughed at his facial expression where he changes from. 'sorry' to 'what the hell' 'you forgive me?' 'Why?'. 

"Forgive and forget" I smile halfly, shrugging my shoulders slightly, pushing a hand through my hair. I watch as Harry frowns. "You shouldn't forgive me, that was one of most rudest, meanest, unthoughtful thing a guy could ever do yet I did it.." He sighed looking at me with a sorrowful look. "I'm really sorry" He finished looking straight into my brown eyes.

I let my eyes wander around Harry's green ones. He has hypnotizing eyes. Like a piece of art, in an art gallery, it draws you in, but you don't know why. That's exactly what Harry's eyes do to me. Damn him. "I know, you did leave me there like a fool, but..It was three weeks ago, I've let go of the grudge I held for a week or two..It's in the past..I say I can forgive you..this once" I grin jokingly winking at him, trying to ease off his nerves he is clearly showing the way he is fidgeting with his hands. 

The sound of his laughter echos throughout his kitchen as he holds onto his stomach lightly laughing.  "Thank you Darcy, but I want to make it up..properly, how about. Me. You and a dinner for two?" He smirks at me raising an eyebrow.  Dinner...with Harry Styles? I feel my heart beat hard against my rib cage. You just met him three weeks ago. Held a grudge against him for two weeks. Now, he is asking you to go out for dinner with him. 

"Erm.." What am I supposed to say?! I look as his smile fades quickly.

"As friends?" He asks, frowning a slight bit making me feel like a girl who hit a puppy. 

"Friends" I smile, trying to get him to smile for me. I'm a bad person. Very bad. Your an idiot Darcy. An utter idiot. I pull Harry into a hug, attempting yet again to get him a little hopeful. 

"Tomorrow night, eight o' clock?" He asks, pulling back, looking down at me slightly, as he is about..an inch or two taller. I nod my head and smile. "Tomorrow night, eight o' clock." I grin taking my bags, and zipping up my jacket. 

"Thanks for the study help Harry" I thank him before I walk out of his heated house and into the cool evening air. Dragging my feet back to my apartment. I wonder how Vanessa is doing..her and Liam have been getting quiet close. Business test tomorrow. Stupid Business..I'm going to make sure that my kids never do that subject, how did I even get a full scholarship into the most popular and hard to get in collage in London? I really don't know. 

~~~~

I fidget nervously in the study room as I flick the page over to page 67. 'Insurance'. I flick my pencil in between my fingers, back and forward. "Is it too late to pull a sicky?" I look over to Vanessa who glares. Yes. I brought Vanessa for encouragement, and yes. She has handcuffed me to the table.