Chapter 8: Styles....Really?

I looked over to Eleanor as she straightened her cream dress down and making sure the brown belt was secured around her slender waist. She pulled on her coral heels, strapping them up. As I finished the last bit of her eye shadow, she let her light pink mask come over her face.

Vanessa slipped a royal blue knee height dress over her head. She had her royal blue three inch heels to match. As she threw her blonde hair behind her shoulders she put her silver mask with a blue feather on the right corner over her face.

I bowed my head down, feeling a little insecure of myself. I'm wearing my bright red dress with ruffles down the middle. My white heels make me have a bit of extra height. My brown hair is in little ringlets of curls as they come down around my shoulders. I look down at my sparkled white mask before allowing it to come over my face. 

"We look amazing!" Eleanor beamed as she twirled around looking at us all.

"That we do!" Vanessa grinned.

I smiled at them both as I put a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"We all look gorgeous" I spoke as I took hold of my bag before we snapped a few pictures then heading out the door.

Apparently One Direction are already in the building but we left each other earlier. El didn't want us knowing what we looked like. I guess it will be a surprise.

***

As we stepped out of the car and into the cool air, camera flashes came from every corner. 

Vanessa smiled and waved like El, where as I gave a small wave and a shy smile. 

I'm not very social person as you can see.

The three of us walked in gracefully.

Music was booming through the speakers. The smell of alcohol filled my nostrils. 

"Lets par-tay!" Vanessa screeched as she jumped up onto a table with a bottle of wine.

."There's a lot of cute guys..eh Darcy" El nudged my side as she gave me a wink.

"I'm sure they won't come up to me anyway" I laugh as I take a glass of champagne from the bar.

"You never know...I mean that guy over there is staring at you..." She whispered as she gave her head a little flick to the side.

I followed her head flick to see a guy in a very fit suit looking at me. 

"Creepy..." I say to myself.

El shakes her head at me but cracks a smile.

"He'll be over any minute now" She grinned as she backed away.

Should I be scared...

Yes. Yes you should be Darcy.

I turn my body around only to hit someones chest.

"Umf" I groaned as I hit this guys I assume chest.

"Hello" He smiled at me.

Green eyes.

I like green eyes.

"Hi.." I smiled as I looked to the ground awkwardly.

"Want to dance?" The stranger asked in a strong Cheshire accent. 

"erm...sure?" I say more of a question as the stranger takes my hand and leads us to the dance floor where 'Moves Like Jagger' Maroon 5 was playing.

I started to let my hair down as I felt energy hit me like a ton of bricks.

"So whats your name?" The mystery guy asked.