A Meeting with Feelings Rather than Work

"Who is your lover may I ask?"

The king of Virgil seemed impatient for the answer. He wanted to ask this question for some time but never got a chance to. Overall, he did want a suitable match for his daughter. No one was able to reach his high standards, but Eins however surpassed them. Perfect in every direction. Plus, when the king of VIrgil met Eins for a short period of time, during his six-month trip to the neighboring countries, he was amazed. 

But this magnificent person found a partner better than his daughter?

Who is the person that caught his eye?

Eins sat there hesitant to concede. He wanted to stare at Ernst but he knew that it wouldn't make any sense to look at him for the answer. Eins for the first time was speechless and couldn't speak. 

Underneath the table was a hand that clasped his. 

Ernst...

"I am."

Ernst was definitely embarrassed of his blunt statement but at times like these he was very thankful for his education of how to be proper noble. Ernst maintained a straight face even if Eins turned to look at him. 

Everyone turned their attention to the steward and waited for the explanation.

"You are?"

"I...No."

"What? Are you or are you not?"

The King of Virgil was known for his quick temper. But if Ernst showed his true colours then he would also be known for that.

Eins stared at Ernst, saying something with eyes as they did when they were children.

What are you doing?

Ernst didn't even know what. 

What would happen to Eins if he said the answer? 

"I'm not. But at the same time I am."

There he said it. 

It's over.

Everything. 

The King sat back down and raised his brow.

"I am not truly his lover, moreover I'm his fake one."

"And would he need a fake one?"

You could hear the sarcasm when he said the word fake. 

"Your highness of all should know why."

That may have come out a bit too harsh judging by the way the King was glaring more intense than usual.

"I don't. "

"Not wanting to marry your daughter. His actions aren't very amiable to your daughter princess Blythe. If he had to go to the extent to get a fake lover then I'm sure he doesn't want to marry her."