Maybe One Day

Luz POV

Ever since I ran through that portal to the boiling isles, Eda has been looking out for me. At this point, she's basically my second mother and my best friend. Eda seems to be an outcast in this world as much as I'm an outcast in my world. Despite the treacherous descriptions of Eda on her wanted posters, and the horrifying rumors that are spread amongst the boiling isles, she's one of the nicest people I know. She's understanding, talented, and chill. I love Eda as much as I love my actual mother. But I don't know much about her past. She probably has a bunch of cool stories. I wonder why she hasn't told me about any of them. Then again, I haven't asked her about it so this would probably be a perfect time.

I walk down the stairs to find Eda sitting on her couch, drinking her apple blood while staring at the wall, probably deep into thought.

" Hey, Eda. You're looking rather foxy today"

" I always look foxy" she says with a smirk " anyways what's up kid"

" Well, I was wondering if you could tell me some stories about your past. You never really talk about it"

" Oh well I have tons of stories," she says while chuckling " is there something specific that you want to know about"

"Hmmm I'm not sure, I just want to know the interesting things"

" Well I dated a Blight so I guess that's interesting," Eda said with a plain expression

" Oh my god, Eda the wanted criminal dated a blight. Was it Alador and Odalia Blight?"

"Neither. I dated Aladors Sister, Cordelia. Well technically she isn't a blight anymore"

"How come ?" I asked curiously

" She didn't want to be part of such a cruel bloodline, so she legally changed her last name. She ended up running away in the middle of our last year of Hexide. She broke my heart but I can't blame her for doing what she did. I would probably do the same thing if I was in her position"

" This sounds like the beginning of a good anime. What did she look like"

"Well, she looked just like the rest of the blights for the most part. Green hair, pale skin, charming gold eyes, and a weirdly enticing smirk. And whats anime? "

"It's just a human thing. Anyways how did you even end up talking to her? You're so rebellious and cool, and blights can be so mean and conceited."

" Well Amity was like that too, until you showed up and ruined her representation"

" Hey, I didn't ruin anything. I made her cool"

" I'm just messing around with you kid. She is pretty cool now but she'll never be as cool as you"

" Yeah right. I have a feeling that you managed to get Cordelia in trouble and then you guys went to detention together and ended up falling in love and stuff. "

" Wow, that's pretty accurate. Do you have human powers or something??

" No, I just watch a lot of romance movies. They're more realistic than you think"

" Whatever you say kiddo. To be honest, I got her in trouble on purpose. She kept bragging about being the top student so I threw a note at her that said ' principle bump sucks' she laughed out loud and the teacher told her to go to the office. Then she ratted me out and said that I passed her the note. So we both had Saturday detention that week... Why are your eyes sparkling like that?

" Sorry I just really like backstories, continue"

"Anyways it started out pretty quiet. The person that was supposed to be watching us was sleeping so I just got up and started carving my name on the desk. Then she tried to give me a lecture about how I'm so immature and all of that lame stuff. I ended up asking her why she was such a stuck up brat. I was hoping to get a rise out of her but instead, she just got quiet. She told me about how physically and mentally abusive her parents are and how she didn't want to get in trouble. I think that sympathy is yucky but I truly felt bad for her. Halfway through the whole thing she just started crying. She was scared. Scared of what her parents would do to her when she got home. "

" Do you think Amity's parents are like that too?"

" Being that they were raised like that I wouldn't be surprised if they were. I haven't spoken to them since grade school. They were good kids but with all the stuff that they've been doing, I'm not too sure that they are still as kind-hearted as they seemed to be back then"

" I hope you hugged Cordelia. I think she needed one"

" You mean that parallel arm grab? That's not a thing here kid"

" Oh yeah, I forgot. So what did you do to comfort her."

" Well, I'm not the best with sympathy so I did the only thing that I could do. I went to the principal and told him that I gave the note to her just to get in trouble. He called her parents to let them know that she wasn't in trouble and it was all just a misunderstanding. Unfortunately for me, I ended up having after school detention for a month. But it was worth seeing that smile on her face when I told her what I did. We started hanging out after that, secretly of course. I didn't want to get her in any trouble with her parents. I would sneak out of my house every night and I would meet her at the park not too far from her house. We would stay there for hours talking about school and our secrets. I ended up falling head over heels for her. After all of the weird cheesy confession and all that good stuff, I wanted to take her on a date. So I bought us tickets to this popular band called Me and My Ghoulfriends. Little did I know that was the day that she was planning to run away. I was waiting at the park where we were supposed to meet. I waited for hours but she never showed up. So I went back to my house and I just sat there in my thoughts. Worried that something happened to her parents. Then I got a knock on my window. I looked around to see if anyone was there but there wasn't a person in sight. When I looked down I found a box. I closed the window and stayed on my bed. At first, I was scared that this was some sort of prank. But when I opened it I found a pair of golden earrings, a note, and the ticket that I bought for Cordelia. I got a little nervous for a second so I decided to read the note just for some closure. I don't remember much of it but I remember the last part of the note word for word.

I'm sorry that I'm running away. I'm running away from all my problems. I'm leaving you a note because I know that if I told you that I was running away in person you would have tried to come with me. I guess all I could say is thank you. Thank you for being in my life and thank you for dragging me to detention with you. I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime. Please don't try to look for me, I'm probably far away by now. I wish that I could see you one more time, but I couldn't find the strength to say bye. I don't know what I did to deserve you. You won't see me for a while but I promise that one day we'll find each other. And I'll be able to fall in love with you all over again.

I was so angry and frustrated. I wanted to go with her. I wanted to help her through this. As much as I hated her for breaking my heart I couldn't blame her for leaving. I don't know how she managed to live in that hell hole for that many years. I just wish that she would have said bye or something.

" What are the earrings that you're wearing right now the ones that she gave you"

" Yeah if I'm being completely honest, I don't think that I've ever taken them out. Never wanted to, and never will"

" Do you ever think that she'll come back to find you"

" Maybe one day kid."