Love, Luz Noceda

Amity POV

Tear running down my face. My heart beating through my chest. She's really gone, isn't she? All those days that I was mean to her, could've been the time that we spent together. And here I am now, at the owl house sitting on her bed. Hoping that this is all just a nightmare. I miss her smile, her laugh, and her stupid human jokes. I never even gotta tell her how I felt. Being a blight means that I have to be perfect. How can I be perfect without happiness? And how can I be happy without Luz? The thought of her just makes me want to cry more. It feels as if darkness is caving in. For as long as I can remember I've always felt alone. But Luz reminded me that there was always someone who would be there for you, and she was that someone. Part of me wishes that she would've never found the portal to the boiling isles. Then I would never have to deal with this pain. But then again, my life wouldn't be the same without her. She was the light of my life. And without her, there's only a dark abyss and a hole in my heart. She didn't even say bye. Then again I can't blame her. I can't imagine how hard it was for her to leave everything behind. She always mentioned how no one in the human realm liked her, and how she was bullied every day. Even though she's been here for 3 months, everyone that she's talked to automatically had a liking to her. I can't not like someone like her. She probably couldn't find the strength to leave her friends but she knew that she couldn't just leave her mother in the realm without her daughter. As much as I want to understand Luz, I can't stop myself from being a bit mad at her. Everyone loves her and to learn that Luz was already gone was a stab to the heart. I just wish that I could hug her one more time.

" Kid are you okay" said Eda disrupting the silence.

I tried to speak but I couldn't choke up any sounds. Eda has been there for me ever since Luz left. I never really spoke to Eda, being that she's a wanted criminal and all. But I always admired how she took care of Luz as if she was one of her own. I know Eda didn't want to admit it, but Eda loved luz more than she ever loved herself. When Luz left, Eda sort of shut down. She wasn't going on any adventures with King, she wasn't selling human artifacts, and she wasn't committing any crimes which was totally unlike her. She didn't even walk out of her house. When she found me sitting on Luz's bed almost having a total mental breakdown, I was finally able to get a good look at her face. You can tell that she's had many sleepless nights full of tears and sorrow. Despite the amount of pain she was in, she tried to cheer me up. She watched movies with me, she even taught me how to play Hexes Hold'em. Despite how vicious she sounded in her wanted posters, she was a big teddy bear. Every day I come here to sit on Luz's bed, just remembering all the fun moments we shared. Now Eda stands at the door, teary-eyed with a slight smile on her face.

" I have something for you... it's from Luz"

All of a sudden I felt a smile on my face. Hearing Luz's name comes from Eda was a shock, but I know that this has to be good news. I don't even know what Luz left me but I do know that I haven't been this happy in a while. I wanted to say something but I was just too excited to make out any words. Eda held at her hand with her usual mysterious smirk. Like Luz would say, it makes her look like she has a mysterious past. I put my hand in hers and she went down to the living room, basically dragging me down the stairs. She gets to the couch and passes me this red box with a tiny bow on it. There was a tag on the box that read, 'to Amity'. I could spot out Luz's handwriting from a mile away. My eyes start tearing up at the thought of her, while on the verge of tears Eda puts a hand on my shoulder and gives me a nod of approval.

I open the box and I find a ring, a necklace, a sweater, and a note. As much as I wanted to admire the objects that she left me, the note struck most of my attention.

Dear Amity,

I'm sorry that I left without saying goodbye. As you already know, I never really fit in with the other kids of the human realm. But even since I've been here, on the Boiling Isles, I've felt like I belonged. Even though we had a rough start, getting to know you, the real you was one of the best parts of this summer. I always knew that you were a sour drop with a sweet center. As much as I would love to spend the rest of my life there with you guys, I couldn't just leave my mom here. Knowing her, she probably won't believe me when I tell her about you guys, but it would break her heart if I left her without an explanation. I don't know when I'll be able to come back but I promise you, no matter how long it takes, I'll find a way back to the Boiling isles. You probably noticed all of the things that I left you in the box. Even though I gave all of my friends a note, you're the only one who got presents. This probably isn't good timing but I thought you should know that I may or may not have a tiny little crush on you. I figured that I should tell you because I already know that you like me too. For someone with a tough shell, you were pretty easy to figure out. I'm only telling you all of this now because I was way too scared to admit my feelings to you in person. I know I'm supposed to be your fearless champion but even I get nervous. I left you my favorite sweater, my lucky necklace, and a ring that I've been planning to give you for a few weeks.  I don't know when I will be able to speak to you again but I just want you to know that you're everything to me and I can't wait to see you again. Please remember that your last name does not define you, and you're your own person. Keep being you Mittens.

                 Love,
                          Luz Noceda

I was left speechless. I couldn't believe it. She actually liked me. One of my biggest regrets was not telling her that I liked her. But now I finally knew that she liked me back. I regret it more than I did it for but that doesn't matter now. She finally gave me an explanation. Not that she owed me one. But this shows me that she cared. Being a blight, everyone always expected me to be little Ms. Perfect, but Luz showed me that I didn't have to live up to unrealistic standards. I just needed to be myself. My heart feels different now; Since she left I felt empty but now I feel calm and relieved. Now I know that she's coming back, and when she comes back I'll be here waiting for her, my fearless champion.

Okay this story only took a few hours. What do you guys think?