Chapter Nine

"Dani?" Kira asked, poking her head outside to see me. "Oh my gosh! Dani! I haven't seen you in forever!" She pulled me into a tight embrace.

Deb whispered something to Kira, turned inside, and shut the door. Kira pulled away and looked at Angel.

"Oh wow, she's a beaut. Did your father buy her for you?" She asked.
I shook my head.

"Mustang?" She asked, reaching out to stroke Angel's face. I nodded and stopped her from petting Angel. I all of the sudden got the confidence to talk.

"I found her a few days ago, on the plateau. She followed me home and wanted me to mount her, so I did and Ethan convinced my father to let us keep him. He did and now she's my best friend. Look-," I sputtered, mounting Angel. She helped me out by kneeling down, and once I was balanced on her back, I stroked her neck and she stood. We walked around, Angel and I working as one flawlessly. Kira watched with her mouth gaped open. I smiled and dismounted.

"Let's go on a ride," Kira said excitedly.

As we walked down to the barn, Kira told me how she and Fargo have worked on tackless riding, even jumping a meter with no bit or saddle. I watched as she quickly groomed Fargo, Angel kindly sniffing him. Kira grabbed her bitless bridle (an actual bridle, wow) and I adjusted Angel's halter/bridle so it fit a little bit better.

Kira and I led our horses outside and mounted, giggling when Kira slipped on the fencepost she used to mount Fargo.

~

We walked up the road and onto a narrow trail, one that snakes down a steep hill and to a cliff that over looks the river. The trail its self isn't steep, it's cut out of the steep mountain side.

It's pretty long, and the view is vibrant with peeks of the beautiful mountain range and the distant sound of rushing water. All of the sudden, a bird rushes out of the brush, causing Angel to trip. She stumbles and all I see is black.

{Author's Note~
Hey guys thats all for chapter nine... And thats my failed attempt at a cliffhanger oops :( anyways pleeeaaasseee leave feedback! I enjoy knowing that people are reading my content! And sorry for the lack of updates, I have two tests and three quizzes this week ): fun. Thanks guys!}