Escaping to Reality

A/N: The story is coming to an end soon, and I have like three different alternate endings I have in mind. If you guys want to see all 3, let me know! I'm also thinking of starting a third book after this one, so if you enjoyed this story, make sure to check that one out(when it comes out) and my first story. But enough chitchat from me, on with the story! :D

****

(Ferb's POV)

"He's gone.." was all I heard from Isabella, who broke down crying. I turned and saw the look on Buford and Baljeet, and I think even they started crying. I sit down, and look over at DEI. "Isabella, give me the grappling hook," I said, turning to her. "Huh?! Ferb we just lost Phineas, and you want to go in there? That's suicide!" she said between sobs.

"Isabella, I owe him. Now give me the gun," I sternly told her. She looks at me, and hands it over. "Don't worry, I'll be back," I told the three of them. "I promise." I shoot myself back over to DEI with the grappling hook, and I roll over twice. 

I eye all the zombies into one corner, and that's when I spotted my brother. I saw the terror in his eyes, and I've had about enough of this. I quickly eye a baseball bat in the corner, and I pick it up. "Hey, ugly! Yeah you. Come at me," I said, standing my ground.

"F-Ferb?!" I hear Phineas say, shocked. "The one and only. Now get behind me; I have Isabella's grappling hook. Use it to propel yourself over there," I say, not taking my eyes off the zombies coming at me. "But, but what about you?!" he says wide-eyed. 

"Don't worry about me, I'll be over there," I say, knocking zombie after zombie out. "Darn you Ferb, you better come back or I'm gonna kill you, no matter what form you're in," he says, turning towards the water tower. "Phineas, we both know that isn't true, now go," I command him as he does what I tell him. 

He shoots himself across to the water tower. I was left alone with nothing but "lots of me" in my ear. "Alright you rascals, hope you're ready to be flattened. Yippie ki yay you freaks," I say as they close in on me.

****

(Isabella's POV)

"This is my fault," I told myself out loud repeatedly. "If only I didn't show him. Why is the universe against me. All I wanted was for him to like me.." I start sobbing again, and I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Does it count if I like you now?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn around, and I see Phineas. I hugged him so hard, and I feel the waterworks coming again. "Hey, it's ok. Ferb saved me," he trailed off. "Where's Ferb?" Baljeet asks Phineas. "To be honest, I don't think he's coming back.." Phineas says as he puts his head down. "I'm so sorry.." I said as I gave him a hug.

I look at Phineas, and I could see himself trying to keep his cool, but I knew deep inside it was hurting him. "He was a good brother," I said, trying to cheer him up. "It's my fault.." He walks away from me, and to be honest, it was heartbreaking to see. "Poor Ferb, you were a man of few words, but knew what to say. May you rest in peace," I said, looking at the sky.

****

(Ferb's POV)

Here I am cornered, and I knew I couldn't give up. "Think positive. If you don't make it, I can't be with Vanessa. If I don't make it, then I won't see my friends, my brother, or anything for that matter. You're Ferb Fletcher, you can do anything,"I pepped myself up. "Alright you boneheads, I've had enough of you," I yelled at them. I took my baseball bat and swung it at the pharmacists.

"That's strike one," I say, knocking over a group of them. Some were coming at me from both sides, and I attack one side, knocking them out. "Strike two," I mumble as I slide over to the last group of zombies. I take them all out in one swing, breaking the bat. "Strike three, you're out," I say, dropping the broken bat.

I quickly survey my surroundings, and not one zombie left, at least conscious. I quickly pull a grappling hook from behind me, and I aim it at the water tower. "Good thing I built this back at the house," I mumbled as I shoot it at the water tower.

****

(Phineas' POV)

I gaze over at the ledge, praying that Ferb was still unzombified. I suddenly hear a noise, and I gaze over the ledge. "What is that?" I mumbled. No way.. "Ferb!" I yell out, so ecstatic. I see him come gliding over to us, and I think everyone was shocked.

"Now how in the lord that is Jesus did you survive that?" I asked him, giving him a hug. He just smiled, and shrugged. "Ok, but how that heck did you get another grappling hook?" I asked him. He just smiles and says "I managed to make a replica of Isabella's back at the house when you three were working on the machine."

"The machine! Ferb we can go back now!" I exclaim. "Hold on there bucko. First we need to end the virus," he explains to me. "Oh that's easy," I say as I start going to the very top. However, I got stopped by Ferb. "Just wait a minute now. Isabella has to hit it. Only way it'll work," he explains to me as he points to Isabella to climb to the top.

"Well ok then," she says, climbing to the top. "Ferb, I just want you to know that after she hits that button, that I'm going to miss all this, apart from the zombie apocalypse." He just nods, he tells me "Phineas, I'm proud of you, regardless of whatever happened."

I see Isabella come down, and water starts spraying everywhere. "Well guys, it's time to go back home," I say, pulling the device out. "Wait, before we do, I just want to thank you guys. Mostly you two; without you guys I never would've had my dream come true," Isabella says, starting to tear up.

"Yeah, you two rocked," Buford chimes in. "Yeah! Summer would be boring without you guys," Baljeet adds. "Before I wipe our minds before all 'this' happened, I need to do one thing," I state, turning towards Isabella. I lean over and kiss her, a long and momentous kiss. "The most beautiful and smart girl I've ever met. Thank you for everything," I tell her. 

She blushes, I see her blue eyes twinkling in the sun that was now rising. "Alright, let's do this already," Buford said, getting annoyed. "See you guys last day of school then," I said, looking at the guys. "Yay school!" Baljeet said as I shot all of us. Everything then turned black..

****

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed that. I actually can visualize this scene, which made it so much easier to write. I have another version of this chapter, which I can write after the ending if you guys want me too.

 Next chapter might be the last chapter(no promises!). I have two different versions of the next chapter that I have thought of, so I might include that also after I finish the story. Enough of me, hope you guys are enjoying the story and staying safe! Signing off, 18m till 1am.