Showing the Truth

(Ferb's POV)

The machine whirls down, and I open my eyes. "Where are we now?" Phineas asks me. "You wanted me to help you show her what she means, well here you go. And to answer your question, we are at Isabella's B-day party last year." "But why did you bring us here?" he asks me.

"Phineas, come with me," I grab his arm and I drag him over to the ice cream parlor. I open the door, and I show his past self and past Isabella. "Did you get everything you asked for?" the past Phineas asks her. "I'm still confused on where the butteries came from," he adds. "I loved the butterflies," she responds. "Oh, and the glitter and streamers, also," he says as he gets up to get the napkins. "And butterflies, you always give me butterflies," she sighs as he walks off.

"Ferb, what exactly are you trying to tell me? That she gets butterflies when she's around me?" Phineas asks me. I turn him around, and I stare at him. "..." I say. "Ok, so she gets butterflies when she's around me.. so she gets nervous?" he asks me as I nod. "Ok, I think I might get what you mean, but I think I need more," he admits as I grab him towards the machine.

"So, anything?" Isabella asks me. I shake my head, adding "maybe a little." "So, where to next?" Phineas asks me. I don't answer him and I flip the switch. The machine whirls down, and I see the rollercoaster. "The first day of summer one year ago," Phineas says, "but why here?" 

"Look over there," I instruct him, pointing at the gate. The gate opens, showing the past Isabella. "Hey Phineas, what'cha doing?" she asks the past Phineas. "Look at her eyes, they're hearts for crying out loud!" I basically scream at him as he looks. "But, I," he stammers. "Heart plus butterflies.." he mumbles. "Ferb I think I need one more puzzle piece," he finally lets out as I pull the switch one more time.

Everything goes black, and a few moments pass before the machine whirls down. "Now where are we?" Phineas asks me. "That night when we had that zombie apocalypse," I tell him. "But why here?" he asks as Isabella grabs his hand. "For Pete's sake Phineas Flynn, come with me," she sternly takes his hand.

****

(Isabella's POV)

I drag Phineas all the way up the water tower, finally stopping at the top. "Look over there," I point towards our past selves. "Phineas, there's something I need to tell you," my old self says. "Ok, shoot," he responds. "If this is the end, I-" "C'mon Isabella," he interrupts my old self. 

"Phineas, I like you," I tell him. "I like you too Isabella," his past self responds to me. "No, I like you, like you," my past self confesses to him. "Well, gee Isabella, I- look out!" he exclaims as he lunges over to protect my past self, turning him into a zombie.

The actual Phineas turns around, and looks at me. I could see the twinkle in his eyes, as he tried to piece what we had tried to show him. "Butterflies plus hearts plus confession equals.." he starts but I interrupt him. "This," I say as I kiss him. The kiss lasted momentarily, but it was the perfect time to show him what I meant. "Wow Isabella!" he exclaims as I blush hard.

"You just-I-wow. That was shocking yet somehow intriguing.." he stammers out. "So you liked me more than a best friend?" he asks me as I nod my head. "Wow, I'm such an idiot. I'm so sorry," he says apologetically. I giggle, and he smiles back, his face turning red.

"So does this mean we're a 'thing' now?" he asks me. "If you want it to be, it's already 100% fine with me," I say as I giggle. "Well, in that case, I guess we're a thing then," he says, grinning. "C'mon, let's go tell the others," he states as he grabs my hand. "Best day ever," I tell myself as we meet up with the others.

****

(Ferb's POV)

"Ferb, why are they attacking the machine?!" Baljeet exclaims. "I think we might have forgot to rewire the holographic shield!" I managed to yell out. "The holographic huh?" Buford asks me. "It basically shields us from anything from this past summer, letting us go unnoticed by our past selves; however it seems to be wearing off," I say over the "lots of me" from the zombies. "If they destroy this, then we'll be trapped here forever," I added. "Ferb g- wait what's happening?!" I hear my step-brother sputter out.

"The holographic shield is deteriorating!" I managed to spit out. "Crap, don't let them destroy it!" I hear him run over, trying to stop them. "Crud, I can't do anything since we can't touch anything from the past," he says, defeated. Suddenly, the machine stops making a noise, and I knew the machine was broken.

"Darn these pharmacists," I hear my brother mumble. "Quick, we have to get out of here! They can touch us since the effect of the holographic shield is gone," my brother exclaims, grabbing my arm. 

We all quickly head towards our house, praying that there would be no pharmacists. "Coast looks clear, c'mon guys," Phineas says, eyeing the area. We all get inside, huffing and puffing. "Now what do we do?" Isabella asks Phineas. 

"Well, didn't the water tower spray everyone in Danville after Isabella pushed that button?" I ask. "She did, and everything should be back to normal now," Phineas says, taking out his emergency binoculars.

"Oh no," he states. "I don't like that," Baljeet whimpered. "They got Isabella before she could hit the button," he says defeatedly. "But how? Unless there was a disturbance in the time line, it should've went back to normal," Baljeet informed us. 

"Wait, what did you two do?" I ask my step-brother and Isabella. "I-uh-well, Isabella brought me up to the tower to show she confessed her feelings towards me, and we, uh, kinda kissed," he said as he scratches his hand. 

"You WHAT?!" I accidentally screamed at him, as the two behind me got wide-eyed. "That's why. She took you to see something that everyone here did not know about since we got our minds erased, kissed, which marked you two as a thing, hence disturbing the timeline. And now we're trapped here!" I spoke so angrily at him, it scared him. 

"Ferb, I-" he starts. "No, it's my fault," Isabella shoves him aside. "I'm sorry," she hangs her head in shame. I just sigh, knowing I couldn't do anything. "No, I'm sorry. Sorry for going off," I apologize. 

"So we're stuck here, in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and we can be touched by them. Nice day, isn't it?" Buford sneers. "Yeah, as of right now, we are trapped," I respond to him as we look on to the hoard of zombies surrounding the city.

****

A/N: So, I decided to intertwine the main issue with the main part of the story. I will admit I got a little writer's block, however I got through it. Hope you guys enjoyed the little mashing I did with the plot! :D The Phinabella ship has shipped sail, so there's that. 

What will their little relationship have in store? What will the gang do to get back to the present? Will they even get back? Find out in the next chapter!