Taitailuai

Something has to be wrong. I slowly sneak out of my room and down to the kitchen. I'm home now. Logan insisted on coming home with me to meet my parents. I was still bewildered from the fact that I was adopted but he wouldn't let me say no.

"Fine." I had said. "But don't ruin anything."

He has said he wouldn't ruin anything but I wasn't sure I could trust him. I mean, I had just met him so it could go one of two ways. When he asked where he was to sleep, I laughed and pointed to the floor next to my bed.

"Very funny." He had laughed, before pushing me out of my bed.

Long story short, I ended up sleeping on the floor. Haha, very funny.

The next morning I woke up to something that felt different. The sheets felt like silk and the bright sun beamed down on me. I opened my eyes and quickly close them due to my surroundings. Was I dreaming?
I had to be dreaming. This couldn't be real. I go up to touch my bald head............

"AHHHHHHH!!!!" I scream.

I hop out of the unfamiliar bed and run my hands through my hair. HAIR! Where the heck am I? This was not a dream because it felt real. I had hair. I was in a weird room. I run my hand over the silk sheets of the bed. Then I look up to the room in more detail. The high vaulted ceilings reflected lights onto the floor and the large windows overlooked a bright blue ocean. It was paradise.

"Hailey!" Called Logan bursting into the room. "It's time to get up!" I rubbed my eyes and stared at him. Then I ran over to him and shook him.

"TELL ME WHERE I AM!" I yelled. He just laughed.

"You're in Taitailuai." He says. "You're the long lost princess."

"Excuse me?" I snarl, before realizing my tone of voice. I lower to a whisper. "Sorry. That wasn't very nice."

"It's fine." Logan reassures me while embracing me in a hug. "You're still in shock. I wasn't lying, you know. Isn't this proof?"

"I..I..." My stuttering words seem to signal the uneasiness in my voice, and Logan picks it up immediately.

"You're here! TAITAILUAI! You have to be excited, okay, Hailey? This is where you were born! You and me!"

You and me. I smile at the sounds of that. "You and me." I echo. "That sounds nice."

"I know! You and me! We're twins, Hailey, twins." His cheeky smile makes me laugh a tiny bit. He seemed so gleeful.

"You said something about school?" I ask.

"OH! Yes! Um.... so you're already enrolled and we have to get ready! Are you in?"

I pondered the situation while analyzing all the possible outcomes. So this was real and I had to go to school in another dimension. It seemed so unreal and yet all I had to do was look around and stand in awe. I nodded my head, and Logan grasped my hand.

He leads me down some halls until we walk into this great big room with long table. The room is so big you could fit a whole five elephants in it! I guess this all seemed to real for me to realize that the man and woman sitting in the chairs at the front of the table knew me.

They both hugged me so tightly. They said my name over and over. I had this feeling that these were my real parents. You just get this feeling that you just know. It's hard to explain.

"Hailey." My dad said. "Please sit. Tell us a little bit about yourself."

So I sat in the chair across from Logan and started to explain my life from when I was little. I went all the way from my first ever year of gymnastics to what happened yesterday. Recalling all these memories made me realize just how far I've come in life. For my fight for cancer as well.