26. Spells: Hexes

HARRY POTTER GUIDE.
26. Spells: Hexes

A hex is a type of Dark charm, whose effects cause moderate suffering to the victim. As a moderate type of Dark magic, hexes are slightly worse than jinxes but are not as dark as curses.

Bat-Bogey Hex: Causes the victim's bogies to enlarge, grow wings, and attack the victim.

Bedazzling Hex: Allows the caster to disguise things.

Colloshoo (Stickfast Hex): Sticks the target's shoes to the ground (pronounced 'CAWL-low-shoo').

Densaugeo: Causes the victim's teeth to grow rapidly, but can also be used to restore lost teeth (pronounced 'den-SAW-jee-oh').

Deterioration Hex: Impairs foes and reduces their stamina.

Engorgio Skullus: Causes the victim's skull to swell disproportionally. The countercurse is Redactum Skullus (pronounced 'in-GORE-jee-oh SKUH-las').

Horn Tongue Hex: Transforms the target's tongue into a horn.

Hurling Hex: Causes brooms to vibrate violently in the air and try to buck their rider off.

Instant Scalping Hex: Instantly scalps all hair off of a target.

Knee-Reversal Hex: Puts knees on backward.

Mutatio Skullus: Mutates the victim's head, causing them to grow extra heads (pronounced 'myoo-TAY-toh SKULL-us').

Pepper Breath Hex: Gives the victim fiery hot breath.

Redactum Skullus (Head Shrink Spell): Shrinks the head of the target. It is the counter-spell to Engorio Skullus (pronounced 'red-DAK-tum SKULL-us').

Sardine Hex: Makes the victim sneeze out sardines.

Sternius: A hex that causes the victim to sneeze for a short period of time. Also used in duelling to distract the opponent (pronounced 'STEH-nee-us').

Tail-Growing Hex: Causes the victim to grow a tail.

Titillando (Tickling Hex): Tickles and weakens the victim (pronounced 'ti-lee-LAN-do').

Toenail-Growing Hex: Causes the toenails to grow at an extreme and uncontrollable rate. Created by Severus Snape.

Twitchy-Ears Hex: Causes the victim's ears to twitch.