05. Hogsmeade Shops

HARRY POTTER GUIDE.
05. Hogsmeade Shops

Hogsmeade Village, or simply called Hogsmeade, is the only all-wizarding village in Britain. It was founded by Hengist of Woodcroft. Since before 1714 (when the 1714 Edict was passed), Hogwarts third years and above are permitted weekend trips into the village. Mainly, students frequent the High Street in the village, which contains named speciality shops and pubs, such as Zonko's Joke Shop and Honeydukes. Otherwise, they wander on to observe the infamous Shrieking Shack. Hogsmeade is a picturesque little village of cottages and shops, with enchanted candles hanging in the trees during the holidays. It is also near the location of the train station used by the Hogwarts Express.

Animal Alcove: A shop that sells various supplies for all kinds of pets.

Dervish and Banges: A helpful shop and sells and repairs some magical instruments.

Dogweed and Deathcap: A Herbology shop.

Dominic Maestro's Music Shop: A shop that sells various wizarding instruments, as well as the Muggle kind.

Gladrags Wizardwear: A clothing shop that also sells very lurid socks, including ones that scream when they get too smelly.

Hairdressing Salon: Across the street from Honeydukes.

Hog's Head Inn: A dingy pub owned by Aberforth Dumbledore, which hosts a secret passage into Hogwarts created by the Room of Requirement.

Hogsmeade Post Office: The owl post office.

Hogsmeade Station: The railway station.

Honeydukes: A sweet shop that has the entrance to a secret passageway into Hogwarts in its cellar.

J. Pippin's Potions: A shop that sells potion supplies.

Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop: A teashop where most couples go on dates.

Ollivanders: Local branch of the wand shop.

Potage's Cauldron Shop: Hogsmeade branch of the Diagon Alley shop.

Ceridwen's Cauldrons: A cauldron shop.

Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop: A shop for all types of quills.

Shrieking Shack: An infamous and the most frightening building in Britain. The villagers thought it was haunted, but they didn't know it was actually the werewolf Remus Lupin making the scary noises (it was where he went to transform).

Spintwitches Sporting Needs: A shop that sells sporting goods.

The Magic Neep: A greengrocer's.

The Three Broomsticks Inn: A pub owned by Madam Rosmerta.

Tomes and Scrolls: A bookshop (est. 1768).

Wizarding Wireless Network Headquarters: The main headquarters of the popular radio station.

Zonko's Joke Shop: A famous joke shop.