15 | Pen and Paper

Y/N

_

"DO YOU THINK this sounds good?" Finn said, shifting the guitar in his lap, "I need your opinion."

The weeks had flown by since that day at the boardwalk, and every single part of it was simply amazing. Especially the part about being his girlfriend. 

Finn took me skateboarding the first week (where I almost twisted my ankle on accident), then we tried a more classic approach (dinner, obviously), but soon decided we didn't like classic dates, and went snowboarding the next week.

We were still figuring stuff out, but that's what I loved about it.

"Play it for me," I smiled, plopping onto the couch of my studio, "I'm all ears."

It was a Friday evening, and I dragged him all the way over to my recording studio after a spark of inspiration hit me. I just felt like writing a song, and I wanted him to come with. To my surprise, Finn said he wanted to write one too.

The boy grinned, "you'd look really weird if you were all ears."

I rolled my eyes teasingly, "just play me the song, Wolfhard."

He nodded his head, his dark curls swishing against his forehead gracefully.

Adjusting the guitar in his lap again, he cleared his throat, placing his fingers on the neck of the instrument. At first he played a simple melody, one that caught my interest, but then he began to sing.

And that was more interesting.

"Something in the way," he serenaded, a soft smile creeping onto his face, "she moves."

I curled up into a ball, my gaze stuck on the boy in front of me. His voice sounded so pretty to listen to, a unique tone that was special to him only. I almost lost track of the lyrics, too entranced by the way he looked as he played the guitar; a portrait of music genius.

He kept singing:

"Attracts me like no other lover," he mused, "something in the way she woos me."

The look he was giving me in between pauses made it clear this song was about me. AH!

"I don't want to leave her now."

I wanted to cry.

"You know I believe and how."

I think I'm going to cry.

"Somewhere in her smile she knows that I don't need no other lover."

I bit my lip, waiting for Finn to continue playing, but he just stopped. Taking his hands off his guitar, he looked back up at me with a hopeful expression, happiness written all over his face.

"That's all I have so far," he said, bobbing his head gently, "what do you think?"

Honestly, I was too fazed by excitement to think. That was probably the most beautiful freaking love song I had ever heard, and even though I'm clearly biased, it doesn't distract from the fact that it's true.

I hopped onto my feet, snatching up my own guitar from a few paces away.

"I love it," I beamed, "and I think we should finish it."

Finn laughed, "you think?"

"Grab a pen and paper to write this down, I'll write the next verse."

"You don't even know the chords, [y/n]."

"Picked them up already," I winked, "remember who you're dating, Wolfhard?"

"Ah yes," he said, running a hand through his tangled hair as he stood up to grab the utensils I asked for, "the grammy-award winning indie legend, how could I forget?"

Rolling my eyes at his teasing remarks, I plopped back on the couch and twisted the knobs of my guitar to put it back in tune. Running my hands along the strings, I took a deep breath and leaning into the back of the cushions.

And then I let the melody spill out of my fingers and onto the guitar.

"Something in his style that shows me," I sang, glancing back up at my boyfriend, "I don't want to leave him now, you know I believe and how."

Finn was scrambling to jot everything down, intensely staring at the paper in his lap.

"You're asking me will my love grow. I don't know, I don't know."

He bit the pencil's eraser in thought.

"You stick around, now it may show. I don't know, I don't know."

Something flashed across his eyes, and he waved his hands excitedly. Grabbing his own guitar, he squished next to me on the couch, playing a duet with my chords. It sounded angelic, honestly.

"Add this," he said, bopping his head to the beat, "Something in the way she knows, and all I have to do is think of her."

My eyes lit up, "something in the things he shows me."

"I don't want to leave her now."

I stopped playing, looking into his eyes with a huge smile on my face, "you know I believe and how."

There was a moment of silence, where the last chords of Finn's guitar rang out into the open space, but there was one clear thing that we both knew. Actually, maybe two things.

The first was this: the song we just wrote was incredible.

And the second?

"Well, what do you know, Wolfhard?" I smiled, "we might just have to make an album."

_

the song is 'Something' by the Beatles! I love them hehe :)