9 | Shut Up!

Y/N

_

"YOU GUYS DANCED?" Niall screamed, almost dropping the nail polish in his hand.

Finn had gone out to grab pizza for dinner, and so it was just me and my bandmates chilling in the living room. Sadie was trying to put Harry's hair into a bun, while Niall was painting Harry's nails.

"Yeah..." I smiled sheepishly, "we did."

Niall swooned, "I'm so jealous!"

"I think Niall is crushing on Finn," Sadie laughed, "you should have seen the look on his face when you guys got back from the shop."

"Hey!" The boy gasped, "I was only excited because Finn said he was getting pizza!"

"Sure, you were."

"I was!"

"Let's not start a fight right now," I winced, "they'll be plenty of those in the future."

The three of my friends all let out a heavy sigh, returning back to thier previous tasks. Harry looked like some sort of royal figure sitting there, getting his hair and nails done.

"So what else happened at that infamous record store," Sadie grinned, changing the topic of conversation back to the previous one.

I cocked a brow, "literally nothing else."

"No talking?"

"Yeah, but I guess we were too nervous about the dancing, that we didn't really talk much."

"What song was it?"

"I want to hold your hand."

"Oh my gosh!" Niall exclaimed, almost knocking over his nail polish, "that's so romantic!"

"Uh..." I blushed, "romantic?"

"Duh!"

"I guess it was kinda romantic," I nodded, sinking down into the couch, "do you think he saw it the same way?"

That would be awkward if I was trying to flirt with him, and he had the complete opposite idea. I'd look like a maniac! Biting my lip, I squinted my eyes at the ground in deep thought.

Sadie and Niall looked like they were about to respond, but Harry cut them off. His face had gotten serious.

"You know we have to leave tomorrow," he said, "Jane's already booked our flight."

That sentence hit me like a ton of bricks.

"What?" I stammered, sitting up.

"The storm's ended, didn't you see?"

I turned my head towards the window, just now noticing that all the rain had ceased. Instead, a faint rainbow was plastered in the sky above the house. I liked rainbows, but I didn't like this one. Not at all.

"Crap," I mumbled to myself, "what am I going to do?"

"Pack your bags," Niall said, "what else?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?"

"I meant," I corrected, letting out a sigh, "I need to find a way to tell Finn I'm leaving."

I blinked, waiting for someone to respond, but they suddenly went quiet. They were all looking behind me. Raising an eyebrow, I turned around to see what they were looking at, and came eye to eye with a curly haired boy.

"You're leaving?" Finn mumbled, holding the pizza box in his hand.

Frick.

Before I had a chance to say something else, the boy nodded in understanding and set the pizza box on the counter. I could tell he wasn't happy.

"Finn," I said getting up from the couch, "we should probably-"

"It's fine," he said, turning his back on me and walking into the kitchen, "I knew this was going to happen eventually."

_

I wish I could say all of this wasn't anti-climatic.

I wish I could say that for some unrealistic part of my life, my flight would be canceled and I'd be stranded in vancouver forever. But I can't say that, because that won't happen.

"To be honest," Finn said, popping open the trunk of his car, "this whole thing sucks."

Finn and I barely spoke last night, most of it out of awkward sadness. I wasn't sure what it was, but I felt like we really bonded over the short amount of time we had again. I wasn't one to rush things, and yet this thing still happened. We were standing outside of the airport, watching people trickle in and out of the terminal.

Nodding my head, I laughed my suitcase out from the compartment, "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry."

"I just wish I had more time to get to know you."

"You have my number," I smiled, "you can always call me."

Finn smiled at that remark, but I could tell that we were thinking the same thing. I was busy with my music life, he was busy with his other music life, and at one point we'd just forget to call.

And then we'd forget to text.

And then... we'd probably forget each other.

"I better go," I mumbled popping the handle up, "Niall might try to steal all the pretzels from the flight attendants."

The boy laughed, "I wouldn't doubt that."

Smiling, I turned around to leave, but stopped myself. I couldn't just leave it off like that. Finn was already about to slide back into his carseat when I ran back.

"Thank you," I said quickly, "for everything."

Finn blushed, "oh, you're welcome."

"I mean it."

"I know."

"I'm sorry I could stay longer," I nodded, biting my lip, "I really liked spending time with you."

Finn opened his mouth to say something else, but he snapped it back shut. I wonder what he had to say. Instead, he just shook his head slightly, staring at the ground.

I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to return to the less-happy life I had back in the States. I just hoped I would see Finn again. Standing onto the balls of my feet, I gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Goodbye," I nodded, starting to turn around, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

This time he looked serious and sad.

"Visit me one day," he said softly, brushing his curls out of his face, "[y/n]."

_
This isn't the end I promise heh