Chapter 17

Authors note: If you like my story please vote and comment. It lets me know that you enjoy the direction it is going in. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Chapter 17

The rest of the week was fun. I got to see New York for the first time. Lana and Maria gave us tours of the city that purposefully excluded times square because: "Just no Lia, just no," Lana had explained. We also worked on planning the party. Maria and Lana were obviously pros at party planning.

"It will be small-ish maybe 100-150 people," Maria said, pulling out her planner one evening.

Nicole and I looked at each other, and she mouthed, 'that's small?' with a look of disbelief on her face. I smiled and gave a small shrug as an answer.

On the day of the party, we decided to go to the museum while Maria's house was being set up. It had a cafe on the roof that Maria was really excited to show me. 

Maria and Lana were in full planning mode calling and making last-minute changes. Nicole was as into as they were making suggestions and keeping notes. I finished my sandwich and decided I wanted to go downstairs and look at some exhibits. I was not the best party planner, and it was kind of boring, to be honest.

"Take my sweater; it's cold in there," Lana said, going into her giant Birkin bag. She gave me a cable knit sweater with the Trinity tennis logo.

I didn't know Lana played tennis, I thought to myself while slipping it on.

"Text me when you guys want to head out," I said and made my way to the small elevator. The doors opened, and I went inside, looking at the map to see what floor I wanted to look at.

"Wait, hold the door," I heard a voice say, and I stuck my foot out to stop it from closing.

"Thank you," Said a boy around my age. He had long blond hair that he wore in a bun on his head and a handsome face.

We stood silently, waiting for the elevator to start.

"So you go to Trinity? I've never seen you," He said, breaking the silence.

"Oh," I said, startled by the student conversation. "I'm starting now in the fall," I said. "This is my friend's sweater, though; I'm not on the tennis team."

"Ah, I was wondering to myself who you were since I know most of the trinity kids. I would have certainly remembered you if we had ever met." He smiled; his eyes were piercing blue. He looked like a wolf.

"So, what's your name?" he asked. 

"Lia, well Cecilia, but everyone calls me Lia," I said, putting my hand out.

He took it, "Liam. But everyone calls me Liam." He said.

"Oh god," I groaned at the corny joke.

"I had to.." he laughed.

The doors opened, and I stepped out. 

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Liam," I said nodding at him. 

"Wait," he said, holding the door open, "are you meeting someone or just looking around?" he asked me.

"I'm just looking," I said.

"Can I join you?"

I looked at him up and down. He was pretty cute—hell, why not.

"Sure," I said.

"I used to work here. I can give you a tour," he said, smiling and gesturing for me to go first. 

"So, Lia, did you move here recently?" he asked as we walked down a long hallway.