Chapter 70

Authors note: If you like my story please vote, add your libraries, and comment. It lets me know that you enjoy the direction it is going in. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Chapter 70

On Monday, school was a flurry of exams. The nice thing about Trinity is during testing week, we were allowed to take our tests and then leave for the day when we finished. I only had two classes that day, and so did Lana, so we decided to hang out and then walk over to watch Chris' Lacrosse game at a local park.

The benches were full, so Lana and I leaned against the chain-link fence, drinking coffee we bought at a coffee shop on our walk over from Trinity. We got there a little bit late, and the boys were in the middle of a warm-up, so we decided to wait until they took a break to say hi.

After a few minutes, I saw Liam walk up to the water cooler for a quick water break, and I waved at him. He looked straight at me, but he didn't wave back.

"Who are you waving at?" Lana asked.

"Liam," I said, pointing.

"Woah." She said, raising her hand up.

"Woah, wait. This entire time your friend Liam has been Liam Fisher?" She said, a look of disgust on her face.

"Yeah. I thought you knew."

"Oh, honey. No. I definitely did not know," She said, shaking her head.

"Did something happen between you and him?"

"You can say that," She said, her voice suddenly had an unnaturally high lilt. "So, I'm assuming that Maria has no idea."

"I mean, I thought everyone knew. I haven't been keeping it a secret or anything."

"No. I did not know and I am sure Maria does not know either," She said, laughing dryly. Her eye suddenly widened, and she turned to me.

"Do not tell her," She said gravely, grabbing my arms.

"Umm okay, what the hell happened, Lana?" I asked slowly.

She sighed and reached into her bag to take out her water bottle.

"Okay. So, Liam and Robbie's family have known each other for a long time. Like years. They are business partners and basically have made an art out of kissing each other's asses." She said, rolling her eyes.

Liam Fisher. I had heard Robbie say that the other day, but between his declaration of love and the argument we were having I didn't really process it. 

"Wait. What did you say Liam's last name is?"

"Fisher."

"Like—"

"Like Abigail Fisher, yes that his little sister. Those people have a radioactive pipeline leading directly into their drinking water with the monsters they produce."

"He never told me that," I said, awestruck.

She rolled her eyes, "of course he didn't." She muttered and took a swig of water and then licked her lips and continued.

"His and Robbie's family always had this dream of marrying into each other and having this superfamily where their business merged and became the richest family in the western hemisphere. They had this plan since Maria's mother, but then she went off and married their father."

"But their father was wealthy."

"He was. But he was new money. He wasn't the right...breed.

"Gross," I said, and she gave me a knowing look.