naegami » walk the dog

11/11/20 » naegami » walk the dog

non-despair!domestic!au, byakuya and makoto have a daughter.

»«»«»«»«»«»«

         Kimiko's sixth birthday was today, and all she wanted to do was get a puppy. That is the only thing on her birthday list, and her parents knew they had to get her one. So, that's what they did. The night before, Makoto went out to the shelter, even though Byakuya desperately wanted to get one from a breeder, and found the best puppy in the world.
          The morning came soon, and Kimiko was bouncing off of the walls. She dashed towards her parent's room, hopping up onto the bed. “Daddy!! Papa!! It's my birthday!!”
          A small groan came from Byakuya, opening his eyes and grabbing his glasses. He yawned, looking at his daughter. “Hey, Koko . . . you excited?” he said, pulling her close to his chest as if she were a teddy bear.
         Makoto woke up soon after, not responding and just nuzzling up to Byakuya's arm. He's extremely tired, but he'll wake up soon enough.
          Kimiko nodding, giggling happily. “Mmhmm! I know you're tired, though . . . we can stay here for a while . . .” she said, nuzzling into Byakuya's neck. “'m kinda tired too, sooo . . .”

         They stayed there for a while before actually getting out of bed. Byakuya fed Kimiko while Makoto got the puppy. He put it in a box, which had holes poked into it, and sat it in the living room. He poked his head into the dining room, looking between his daughter and husband. “Kimiko? Are you ready celebrate for your birthday?”
          The girl jumped up from her chair and dashed towards her dad. “Let's go, Daddy! Hurry up, Papa!” she giggled, rushing to the living room. Her excitement was shown in her smile, and she couldn't wait to open that present.
           Byakuya and Makoto sat down beside her, the smaller of the parents recording. A small smile rested on his face as he watched his daughter open the present.
          Kimiko's face lit up as she lifted up the lid, a golden retriever puppy jumping out. She held it tightly to her chest. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm gonna name her sprinkles!” she giggled, sitting down and petting the puppy. Her excitement made Byakuya and Makoto smile in awe, realizing how good they did this year. There were more presents in store, but that was the main one.
          From that day on, Byakuya and Kimiko walked the dog together everyday. Once she got home from school and he got home from work, they'd walk down the street and talk about their days. She loved her father dearly, and she felt a lot closer to him this way.

          Soon enough, Kimiko was sent a letter. Hope's Peak Academy. She had sent an application as the Ultimate Caregiver, but she wasn't sure if she was in or not. Anxiety rushed to her as she grabbed the letter and sat in the living room. Makoto, Byakuya, and Sprinkles sat beside her, looking over her shoulders.

Dear Kimiko Togami-Naegi,

                Congratulations! You have been accepted into Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Caregiver! You are expected -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

       Congratulations,             

Hope's Peak Academy.

          Kimiko's eyes lit up with a bright smile, looking between her parents. “I got in!” she said, tearing up and hugging them tightly. She snuck a hand around, petting Sprinkles on the head happily. She loved her family, and she wouldn't trade them for the world, but she knew she would have to be in a dorm for a while.
          As they all discussed the details, one thought kept reoccurring to Kimiko. She looked to Byakuya, tearing up a little more as she sniffed. “Hey, Papa . . ?”
          Byakuya nodded, looking at his daughter. “Yeah, Koko . . ?”
          “Promise you'll keep walking the dog for me?”
          Byakuya nodded, kissing her forehead. He was starting to get emotional. He pulled her close, as if she were a teddy bear, and sniffed slightly. “Of course, sweetie. When you visit, you have to walk her with me, okay?”
         Kimiko hugged him tightly, nodding. She squeaked, trying to speak but couldn't. She sobbed quietly into his chest, holding onto him tightly. Byakuya was crying also, his eyes red as he clung to his daughter. He wanted her to succeed, but his baby's growing up.
          Makoto was crying as well. He hugged onto them as well, holding Kimiko from behind. He nuzzled his head into her back, sobbing quietly into her back.
          Sprinkles had no idea what was going on, but she knew Kimiko was upset. She crawled up, laying on Makoto's back and whimpering quietly.
           Once Kimiko had moved out, Byakuya went on a walk everyday with the dog. It was a bit lonely without Kimiko, but they were alright. Walking the dog wasn't such a big chore.

»«»«»«»«»«»«

word count - 781
sorry the ones i posted today we're so short, today was an off day and i had to get a lot done smh
im a sucker for domestic aus. just be happy and have a family together. everything is fine, and all you have to worry about is your child's teen angst.