naegami » holy

11/15/20 » naegami » holy

mastermind!byakuya is revealed.

tw!!: gore, written executions, major character death, heavy angst.

spoilers for thh.

»«»«»«»«»«»«

          Byakuya stood there, his cold eyes carelessly scanning over the five remaining faces alongside him. They were his playthings, and he had discarded so many already. Who would be next? He didn't have a say in that matter, but he saw them slowly coming to what they thought was the truth. The truth if the true Mastermind.
          “Junko Enoshima, reveal yourself as the mastermind behind everything!” Makoto called out with confidence.
          A dark chuckle slipped from Byakuya's lips, adjusting his glasses. “Wroooooongggg~” the male spoke in a sing-song voice, a smirk resting on his lips. And with that, his podium jolted down below the floor, leaving everyone standing there, dumbfounded.
          When the podium reappear, Byakuya stood in a way that didn't seem like his normal self. His clothes had changed, his blazer switching from simply black to a split down the middle black and white. His green cross tie had turned red, and a crown sat atop his head. He was the king of this killing game. He was having too much fun to let this go on any longer. He needed to feel the despair of it's end. “You fools. You really thought that little theory was right? I thought more of you, especially you, Makoto.”
          The blonde had fallen deeply for Makoto. He thought of him as a saint. He was the one being the heir thought of as holy. They were opposites. The Ultimate Hope and the Ultimate Despair. Of course this wouldn't end well. Byakuya knew that well, and forced himself deeper and deeper into the love, no, into that despair.
          “Anywhooo. Didn't we agree that if you guessed wroooooong . . . it's punishment time? Or am I mistaken? Oh who am I kidding, I know what I said,” the blonde said in a menacing voice, a deep-rooted despair found within his eyes. This was going to be perfect.
          Aoi's eyes widened, choking back a sob. “N-No! You can't d-do this! W-We're friends, w-why?!” the tan-skinned girl lashed out, her fists clenched as if she was about to attack.
          “We were never friends. Just for that little comment, you're going first,” the male smirked, a button popping up on his podium. The look in his eyes became even deeper with despair. He did consider this girl a friend. And that's why he did this.
          “IIIIIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!!~” Byakuya yelled, slamming his hand down on the button, smiling wildly. He giggled helplessly, feeling himself falling even deeper into that despair.
          Soon enough, a chain wraps around Aoi's neck, dragging her away. She is dangled, bordering on suffocating, before before being dropped into a water take. Monokuma, who is dressed as a magician, waves his staff in what seems to be a cheerful manner. Then, the curtain falls. Anticipation builds as a drum rolls, sharks seen making their way into the tank. The curtain rises. Aoi Asahina was eaten alive by the sharks. Status: Executed.
          Togami stood, watching with a bright grin on his face. He then looked to the rest of the cast, who seemed to be shaken roughly. He laughed menacingly. “Alright, alright . . . Toko Fukawa. You're next. I'm done with your bullshit, honestly. This is the one execution I'm going to watch with pure hopefulness for the future,” he spoke with a sharp tongue, staring daggers towards Toko.
          “M-Master Byakuya! P-Please, I'll do a-anything! I-I'll even kill a-all of these people for you! P-Please!!” Toko begged, her legs giving out and landing on the floor.
          “You disgust me. I've never been happier to see someone dead. No waiting around. IIIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIIIIIME~” the male slammed down the button once more, smirking as he watched.
          Another chain came around, pulling Toko into what seemed like oblivion. Surrounded by complete darkness, there was only a shred of light. Byakuya, who decided to take part in this execution, stood there with a devilish smirk. With pure panic in her eyes, Toko tried to run towards him, pleading for him to let her go. A large roller came down from the ceiling, in-between the two. The girl attempted to run away, but it caught up to her. Toko Fukawa was pressed down to the ground, her body paper thin. Status: Executed.
          “M-Man, this isn't cool! You've gotta be joking with ussss!” Yasuhiro called through tears, his hands nervously raking through his hair. The boy didn't stand a chance for Byakuya Togami, however.
          “Alright, alright, shut you mouth. Let's get this over with. I can't wait to see how much despair this fills me with. IIIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIIIIIIME~” the blonde slammed the button again, laughing.
          A chain grabbed Yasuhiro by the neck, pulling him backwards into a game show room. Monokuma, dressed as the host, presented him with three doors. He stated that there is a 1/3 chance that one is an execution. The brunette chose the door labeled A, however, it grew arms and legs, scurrying away and out of sight. Anxiety growing within him, he chose the door labeled B. Arms and legs grow from it, attempting to catch up with Door A. The last door is C. He doesn't chose it. He knows his fate. Before he announced his refusal, the door sprouts a mouth and eats him whole. Yasuhiro Hagakure was eaten alive by his own clairvoyancy. Status: Executed.
         “And then there were two. Boo-hoo,” Byakuya said dramatically with a pout. “Let me guess, you have an objection?”
          Both of them stayed dead silent.
          Togami tilted his head. “No fun, I see? Alright, time for Kyoko's execution. IIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIIIIIIME~” and with those iconic words, he slammed the button down once more.
          Kyoko was put into a desk chair, Monokuma standing before her and attempting to teach her. On a conveyer belt, she was slowly getting pulled back to her death. She remained her composure, keeping calm and not breaking. However, as soon as it came to her, she was crushed. Kyoko Kirigiri was crushed harshly by a trash crusher. Status: Executed.
          Byakuya's eyes, now almost overflowing with despair, turned to glance at Makoto. His saint. The most holy being on this Earth. He was broken. He was silently crying, watching his last friend get executed with the lasting knowledge that he was next, and being killed by someone he had started to fall for. What a fucking fool.
          “I hate you,” the smaller boy croaked, not looking his way. “You manipulated and tricked me. You made me think that you actually cared about me- I thought you loved me. You played with my heart, and now my life is in your hands. So . . . so . . . JUST TAKE IT ALREADY GODDAMNIT!” Makoto Naegi was now overcome with despair.
          Togami gingerly walked over to Makoto, grabbing his chin harshly and looking into his eyes. He had the look of pure evil written all over his features. “I do love you. And that's why I'm doing this. Someone as perfect and holy as you shouldn't have to live like this. In this fucked up world, which only knows how to poison people! You don't have to be here any longer. I'm setting you free. And I'm making it as hard on myself as possible. I want to die from all of the despair I get from seeing you dead!”
          Makoto stared up at Byakuya, gulping and letting tears stain his cheeks. “If you loved me, you would let me go.”
          “I do love you, and I am letting you go. I'm just doing it my way,” Byakuya said, still looking into the other's eyes. He didn't even feel the hot tears pricking at his own eyes.
          “I hate you!” Makoto called out, swatting his hand away and stepping back.
          “And I love you. That's just the way it has to be, angel. Now . . . it's punishment time,” the mastermind walked over to his button, hesitant. He stared for a few moments, watching the tears drip onto it. He slammed it down, watching the most despair inducing event in his life happen before his eyes.
          Makoto was pulled into a large barrel. Monokuma, dressed in Byakuya's clothing, slammed the lid shut. The small boy attempts to escape, but a sword is stabbed through the barrel, barely missing his face. More and more swords are suddenly stabbed into the barrel. So many that it was uncountable. Stab wound after stab wound after wound through Makoto's vital organs. The last one hits right through his brain. Makoto Naegi was stabbed to death, nothing that his luck or hope could help him with. Status: Executed.
          Byakuya Togami stood there, his arms wrapped around himself. He laughed maniacally, sobbing hysterically. He walked over to the barrel, opening it and looking inside. More tears poured. He felt his stomach churning wildly, and his heart breaking into a million pieces. He sobbed loudly, a bright grin on his face. “S-Such . . . despair . . .”
          With nothing left to do, the heir walked over to the button once more. He smirked slightly, still sobbing. “It's punishment time,” and then it all went black.
          Byakuya Togami. Status: Executed.

»«»«»«»«»«»«

word count - 1521
this made me so sad to write i swear to god. I hate reading yandere and mastermind stuff because it just makes me sad. in the end, i'm just depressed and wishing better for the character. and here i am writing it lmaO-
i don't like relationships with this dynamic, it's extremely toxic and i do NOT endorse it. this is not okay. you shouldn't be in a relationship that reminds you of this. get out immediately.