New old friends

I felt an incredible pull towards the man sitting before me. Flashes took over my mind's eye. Me and Paul laying in bed laughing together. Sitting on a blanket in the woods. Pulling back from a kiss and him looking at me like I was nothing short of his everything. Us running together in our wolf forms, racing through the forest at unbelievable speeds. All too soon the images stop flooding my mind and I'm left staring into those eyes. He's looking at me in awe like he's just experienced the exact same thing.

Someone snaps their fingers right in front of my face.

"Uh earth to Lucy. I know he's your childhood crush but ease up man." Quil says not at all subtly, making a furious blush climb up my neck. I feel a rush of anxiety clawing its way into my stomach at the embarrassment until a deep smooth voice pulls me back down to earth

"I knew you liked me. For the record, I liked you to... a lot." Paul says walking towards you and shoots you a wink.

"Wait did you guys just imp... " Jared is cut off by a sharp flick to the head by Emily. I shoot her a grateful look and move to sit beside Paul without meaning to. It takes me a second to realize that my usually inevitable panic vanished the second Paul spoke up, and I turn to him with a smile.

"So paul, tell me all about how you liked me a lot."I tease him.

"Oof, sassy as ever I see. But if i'm remembering correctly Quil mentioned something about YOUR huge crush." He counters back with that cocky smirk I see he hasn't lost.

"There may have been a few Mrs.Lucy Lahote's scribbled in my notebook." Paul's heart suddenly feels really warm at the sound of the name, deciding he likes it.

The evening carries on quite like that. Me and Paul have a flirty banter going. I find that I'm drifting back into the same comfortable relationship with the boys that we had years ago. Eventually Kim seems to open up a bit more with me in the group and Emily astounds me with how much food she keeps bringing out. Jake and Embry have pulled me away from Paul's side, and I can't help but feel like I've left part of me over on the other side of the yard. I know exactly what's happened with me and Paul, but I'm not quite ready to address it yet. So I let my friends distract me for a while.

I've always been a very touchy person, the type to put my hand on your arm if I'm laughing too hard or put a hand on your back if I brush past you. So I don't think twice about the hand I have on Embry's shoulder until Jared whispers to me with a snort "Do you want Embry to leave with that arm?" I whip my head to him and give him a questioning look. He nods his head to something behind me and I turn and see Paul's eyes zeroed in on my hand, jaw clenched. I retract my hand and Paul's eyes snap up to meet mine. He sends me the sweetest smile and something within me is pulling me across the yard back to Paul.

I tilt my head and look up at him "So, should we talk about the uh, wolf in the room."