Bonfires and six burly men

I hear a chorus of deep laughter coming from the backyard as I walk up to the front door of Sam and Emily's house. I give my aunt a nervous look and she signals for me to take a deep breath. I peer down at my outfit; I settled on high rise skinny jeans and a floral tank tied up at my waist. No question, I looked pretty cute, but I suck in a deep breath anyways. Just as I'm letting out my breath, aunt Sue swings the door open to reveal Emily taking a cow's worth of hotdogs from the fridge. Turning to see who's coming in she breaks into a splitting grin at the sight of me.

"Lucy!! Ah I'm so happy you're here!" We meet each other in the middle and crash into a warm hug. I used to hang out with Emily and Leah a lot as a kid, even though they're a bit older than me. I always looked up to them.

"Well I'm happy to be here cuz. I heard you were the only girl and I came to save you." I say making Emily grin wider somehow.

"Well I appreciate the thought, but Jared beat you to it. He imprinted on a girl from school. Guess you're number 3" She nudges me with a laugh. "But you are definitely the first girl wolf, so good luck! The boys are all out back already. Will you help me carry this stuff out and you can see everyone again."

I'm a weird mix of excited and frickin terrified at this point as I follow Emily and Sue out of the house. Emily sets everything on a table and goes to wrap her arms around who I'm assuming is Sam to tell him something. I guess she announced my arrival because Sam shot up from his seat and gave Emily a sweet kiss before starting towards me. The small moment between them was so intimate that I finally put the dots together - Sam imprinted on Emily - and suddenly my anger at Sam for hurting Leah is hard to hold onto.

"You must be Lucy'' He says as he reaches me with his hand out for me to shake. I nod my head. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Sam. Were obviously distantly related if you're Sue's niece - same last name and everything" Emily chuckles beside him. "but it's nice to put a face to the name. I've gotta say, we've never introduced someone into the pack this way, It's pretty exciting!" He says with a grin.

"Well what can I say, I like breaking the mold" I counter back returning the smile. Sam cracks up at my quick remark.

"I think you'll fit it well. Come on, I'm sure the boys are antsy to talk to you again." As if on cue Embry and Quil come bounding towards us, Jake not far behind. Their voices blend together as they all try to get my attention

"Well hoooly shit! Look who it is."

"How have you been loca?!"

"Welcome to the pack. Guess I'm not the newbie anymore!!" You giggle at their antics and pull them all into a group hug.

"I just couldn't stay away from my boys any longer." Earning chuckles from them that seemed to come from way too far above me. I step back and actually take them in. Now I'm not a short girl, sitting at a good 5'7. But these boys all tower over me, and damn have they filled out. "When did you guys become MMA fighters.. Geez."

"It's a wolf thing... a male wolf thing apparently." Embry smirks at you, earning a smack from me. The boys pull you to the fire to see the other boys.

"Hey Jared, you guys probably knew each other when you were little, but this is Lucy Uley." Jared nods at me and introduces me to his imprint kim. She seems nice enough but seems a bit nervous around all these loud boys.

"And Luce you remember Paul right?" Jake says nudging me knowingly. I do a double take, not having realized that this man infront of me was paul. Leah wasn't kidding, he'd definitely graduated.

"Of course yeah hey p----" I was officially lost in the most beautiful pair of brown eyes.