Memories In The Rain

The looming figure had it's back to the young man as he entered. He was still nervous, uncertain, and confused. Bad glanced around the massive room, that was supposedly an office, but looked more like a miniature mansion. A large fireplace was lit, and the massive flames swirled a brilliant neon blue, they cast harsh shadows across the lavishly furnished room. The man in front of him had his hands clasped behind his back, his skin pale, and clean looking. Due to the dramatic lighting on the figure though, Bad was struggling to make out details. The man hummed, and as Bad closed the door, he chuckled quietly. It was a deep and ominous sound, like that of a man who could command the silence of a room simply by clearing his throat. To say Bad was intimidated was an understatement.

"Daryll! I've been expecting you." The man was American judging by his voice, it was gruff, and yet calm and pleasant.

"You. . .you said you had answers for me?" Bad asked softly, his mind felt fuzzy.

The first time he had woken up a few weeks ago he was confused, he felt out of place, and like he had been run over by a truck, twice. He still distinctly remembered what had happened just moments prior. Well it seemed moments prior at least. Churning water, cold, so so cold. The silhouette of the bridge fading as the salty water burned his eyes, as his lungs felt tight. So cold, so dark. Then he had come to, in a room. Dark crimson and near black bricks surrounded him. As well as an overwhelming heat, at least it seemed it should be, but the temperature wasn't bothering him in the slightest. He remembered waking up in this body, this strange form that was not him, it wasn't who he was. He wasn't human, at least not any more.

The man hummed lowly in acknowledgement, his back still to the newly turned demon, "Yes, and I assume you have questions."

Bad nodded, and then realized that the other probably couldn't see him, but the man continued, he sounded like he was smiling, "Ah good, well first things first, you're dead, well you were dead. But congratulations! You didn't actually die." Bad cocked his head confused, his mind felt warm and tingly, like when you first woke up and are still trying to piece together where you are in a new place. "Darryl, what an interesting name. But! That was your living name, you should find a new one! Although I have a feeling you already know it?"

Bad paused, confused, the stranger was right, he did know a name, although he wasn't sure where he had gotten it from, he spoke hesitantly, "Badboyhalo?"

"Badboyhalo. A mouthful." The man chuckled, "How about I just call you Bad hm? For short."

The newly turned demon paused, but nodded again, he caught the stranger turning his head slightly, and the glint of crimson in the light. He shifted from the fire, and it roared and turned a warm orange color as he stepped away, settling into a nice desk, and fancy chair. The wood was blue, an unnatural color, and yet it was real wood, it was too perfect of a match to normal wood for it to be anything else. Now that the stranger had stepped away from the fire he could make out details more clearly.

He steepled his clawed hands on the desk, his suit cuffs hanging slightly loosely off of his wrists, "I am the Guardian to all Dark Creators, we are the Dark Creators, but most simply call us demons." The suited man began to explain, "We are protectors of the world, the Earth. Granting wishes, making deals, and of course exchanges with humans." The man cocked his head, a sharp grin on his face, yet it seemed genuine and not malicious, "I keep all the so called Light Creators at bay, they don't care for us much." He unclasped his hands and drummed his fingers on the desk, creating a soft tapping sound.

"Light?" Bad asked carefully, and the man nodded.

"I'm sure you have many questions, and you'll have answers to everything in due time. But you know the basics. I am the leader here, and you do not question me or the council."