AU Breakdown

NOTE: Demons are from the Nether, they aren’t demons in a religious sense either, they’re referred to as “Dark Creators” within their own communities, but have adapted the term “demons” due to humans. Dark Creators are a species of brute strength, cunning, wit, and survival of the fittest.

Also Note: I don’t care if you use this structure for your own au! Or even alter it as you please and just use this as a baseline! All I ask is for you to either share it with me, or in the comments! I love fics no matter how short, long or crack they are. Now onto the AU Breakdown

Breeds
There are 5 types of Dark creators/demons. Naturally born, Turned, Death turned, Hybrids, and Fallen lights.

Naturally Born: are demons born and raised within the Nether, born of two parents. They  aren’t very common. These demons may have no knowledge, or skewed knowledge of the surface world. These are of the few demons who only speak galactic, although they may be taught a second language

Turned: are demons who were once human, and were turned by a powerful demon. They are rare, often this action is performed illegally. Their magic is more unpredictable and volatile. These demons may spend little time in the Nether, or no time in the Nether for the time period of what would’ve been their natural lives. They are usually no more than about 25-40% of the population

Death: is the most common. Demons who were once human and died in some form or another. These demons run of the mill and make up a majority of the population. 50% or more.

Hybrids: are born of a human and demon parent, they are rarer than turned, and naturally born, and will only ever present human traits, with perhaps a hypersensitivity to the supernatural. Hybrids are considered the lowest form of demons, they will also rarely (if ever) know of their birth and the Nether. They are the only others who are not taught both galactic and their human mother tongue. Most live their lives as humans, some in rare cases are introduced to other demons or once in a while will present demonic traits.

Fallen Lights: are the rarest. Only a handful are known to date to have ever existed. They are not respected, but are deeply feared. Like turned they have highly volatile magic,  They do not have a demonic appearance only looking human with 1 or more of 3 deviations: All white/ all black eyes, snow white skin, or glowing veins. They can no longer appear as a Light naturally does.
Examples in this AU: (note some of these weren’t used, or seen in the story turning, dying, or being a fallen)
Death: Wilbur, Philza, Schlatt, Bad, Dream, Quackity
Turned: Eret, Tommy, George, Fundy
Fallen: Sapnap

Biology
All demons, regardless of origin, have an unnaturally high body temperature, an average of 100F/37C. Because of this they don't get sick very often They are also able to withstand unnaturally high or low temperatures, this does not mean they are fireproof.

Every demon has a unique scent to them, all demons are aware of the general scent of a demon which carries the scent of the nether, some may be attuned to human scents as well. Emotions or sickness can be portrayed through scent and distinguished by those close to them.

Demons (an exception for Lights/Hybrids) have 3 forms. The first is human camo, for turned/death demons it is how they appeared before turning. Naturally born can adapt the appearance of an existing human or a parent. Second form is the “neutral” appearance and is what’s commonly seen. It is a casual appearance. The third form, only for demons who were once human, or naturally born demons, is pure raw magic. These forms can become intangible and meld with shadows and allow for travel via shadow magic. It is the most magically vulnerable state of a demon, however it is also when they are the most immune to weapons or substances not of Nether origin. This form is rarely used in sight of others, only being shown when completely exhausted of magic, in deep trust, or intimidation.