𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter fifteen | like a light switch

————☽•☾————

              𝙏he two teenagers sat together in the kitchens, laughing and occasionally shaking their heads. Elena giggled as she gently hit Harry behind the head. Harry grinned sheepishly at her, pushing his glasses up. He then cleared his throat.

"I thought your Boggart would be—um—her, your aunt I mean...." He trailed off, eyes awkwardly making eye contact with Elena, who sighed.

"I'm not afraid her," She shook her head. "Least not anymore. Although I hear her laughter sometimes, and I can hear her yelling at me. And then it's just gone." She shrugged. "Viktor keeps away the nightmares, which I'm grateful for. The first two weeks before I had him was horrible."

"I hear my mum whenever the Dementors are around." Harry stiffly told the girl, clearing his throat once more, regretting that he ever brought it up. "So... you and Theodore Nott?"

Elena blushed a violent red. "We—um—" She cleared her throat, eyes trained on the cup in her hands. "We like each other." Elena smiled to herself. "A lot."

"I couldn't tell by the way he kissed you or held your hand." Harry joked, shaking his head and he heard Elena giggle beside him. "He changed didn't he?"

Elena blushed once again. "Yeah, he did, for the better that is." She looked up to Harry and smiled. "Not all Slytherins are evil Harry, Pansy helps me with my Potions, Vega plaits my hair and does my nails, violently but still, Blaise is really funny and his hugs are out of this world, and Theodore, he's magical."

Harry raised a brow. "What about Malfoy? I saw him around you and your friends."

"Malfoy is—um—misunderstood. He's not a bad kid, sure the things he does sometimes are appalling. He isn't my friend nor my enemy, I don't hate or like him. We're just two different people."

Harry shook his head. "You make him sound so good when he isn't. He constantly reminds me that I have no parents—"

"I know Harry, and he constantly reminded me about my aunt too. If he sees you angry, you're only feeding him more. Just smile and be on your day, compliment him on his work, something that will show him that you're not a low life like him, that you're better."

Harry sighed, a smile washing upon his face, happy even though he didn't go to Hogsmeade. "Thank you Elena."

"El, please, all my friends call me El."

————☽•☾————

             𝙒hy does everything involve cutting in Potions? Why can't we just chew this... this.... I don't even know what this is. Potions class was not Elena's forte and right now, she held up an item that she didn't know the name of, a confused look on her face. Theodore was quiet across her, occasionally scribbling something down or chopping whatever slimy green thing resided in his hands. Should I ask Theodore? He looks angry today. Perhaps he had another row with Malfoy, he did seem a bit pale, but it's Malfoy, he always looks like he's going to drop down dead. Perhaps that's not a polite thing to say... or rather to think.