𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter fourteen | in a fit of anger

————☽•☾————

         𝙀lena Eve rarely got angry. She wasn't like Brianna, who would get angry at the stupidest and tiniest things, she wasn't like Jake, who if angry would glare holes into your head, no. She bottled up her anger, safely hidden. But that afternoon as she stormed down the hallway looking for Malfoy and his goons, Brianna and Jake yelling at her to stop, she couldn't hide her anger. She had told herself that she wouldn't let Draco get to her this year like the previous years but damn it, that fucking boy had a death wish this year.

"Elena! Come on, it's unfair! You guys play—" Jake collapsed on his knees. "Quidditch!" He reluctantly got up again, racing after his friend and Brianna, who was as equally tired as he was.

"El! Are you made out of bricks?!" The girl cried out before she ordered Jake to get on her back. The boy didn't argue and off they went, racing after Elena, who found Malfoy, running in the castle, clutching a bleeding nose, Crabbe and someone she didn't recognize.

"Whoever's done that to you Malfoy, you deserve it." Elena had snarled, face red and she tightly held her wand. Malfoy's eyes had gone wide at the sight of her wand. "I've been nothing, nothing but polite to you whenever we bump into each other whenever my mum makes me go to your house. I just don't get why you hate me so much!"

"El!" Brianna finally arrived, heaving for air and she set Jake down. "Malfoy isn't worth it, don't waste your breath on him. Please El."

Elena shook her head. "You don't understand Bri, he's been terrorizing me since we got here." She looked at Malfoy again. "Where's that eight year old who was happy he made his first friend?"

"Our friendship would've never survived Eve, you're in Hufflepuff."

"That's it?!" Elena cried out. She started to shake her head, feeling tears blossom in her eyes. "Rip it off then, rip off the badge, would that make any difference?"

"Elena, look at me. Not Malfoy." Brianna slowly ordered and Elena tore her eyes away from Malfoy and she looked into her best friend's eyes. "You're smarter than him, you're super hot, you're talented, you're kind, you're amazing and I love that about you. But if you stoop down to his level El, you're going to be just like him."

"He hurt Theodore." Elena whispered, sniffing and Brianna clasped her hands in eers and she gave her a little smile.

"I know honey, I know." She whispered back, then using her thumb, wiped away the tear that escaped Elena's eye. "But you're better than this, so much better. He'll get what's coming for him, maybe in a hundred years, maybe tomorrow, it doesn't matter, but he will. Now, let's go down to the kitchens and clear your mind, sound good?"

Elena chuckled slightly as she nodded. "Yeah, sounds good." Her eyes then found Malfoy's, who was watching them with interest. "Listen, Draco, I'm terribly sorry for that and the things I've said."

As they walked away, Elena laughing at something Jake said, Malfoy couldn't help but feel something inside him shift.

————☽•☾————

          "𝙃e refused?! That fuc—"

"Language Brianna!" Cedric groaned at the girl. He had come back a few minutes ago, as he had gone to talk to Oliver Wood to try and reschedule a rematch but the Gryffindor Captain had blantly refused, telling him that they won fair and square. Elena, and Brianna included, felt like that they didn't win fair and square. Harry fell off his broom due to the Dementors, there's nothing fair about that. "And yes, he refused, said we won fair and square."

"Fair and square? Fair and square?! There are soul sucking raging demons fucking—shut up—around the school and literally sucked the life out of Harry and that's fair?!"

"Look, I tried talking to Oliver but he wouldn't listen." Cedric deadpanned, an annoyed look in his eyes and he sighed. "I'm sorry, I just, need to go change."

Someone suddenly wrapped their arms around Elena and she only relaxed when she noticed it was Theodore. "Great game." He whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"You're gross Theo, I'm sweaty, cold and soaked to the bone." Elena argued, slightly pushing him away and Theodore chuckled, winking at her and disappeared from her view.

Two showers later, and two baskets of food, Elena, Brianna and Cedric were making their way to Thelena's Love Corner, happily conversing with one another. Brianna and Cedric have been on good terms, well there were times Brianna actually stabbed him with her fork ("It was an accident! His hand was on my plate!") but that was about it.

"Do you three always take so long?" Pansy asked, sprawled on the mat, hair mixing in with the soft yellow. Elena's smile slipped off when she noticed Draco Malfoy sitting with Jake. Malfoy laughed and Elena blinked. Was she seeing things?

"Okay, like am I the only one going crazy or is Malfoy actually in Thelena's Love Corner?" Brianna asked in a whisper and Elena blinked again. It wasn't only her seeing things.

"You're not crazy Bri, I see it too." Elena swallowed hard. That's when the scar on her abdomen decided it would be a good time to produce pain. Elena gasped, hand flying to her abdomen and she looked at Brianna. "Get me out of here, quickly."

"We need to use the loo!" Brianna quickly yelled out, hurriedly leading Elena to the Hospital Wing. Elena meanwhile took in ragged breaths, hoping that would try and soothe the pain at least or something, unfortunately nothing happened. Nothing but pain followed and Elena tightened her grip on Brianna's arm. The girl said nothing but lead her to a bed once they reached the Hospital Wing. "I'll go get Madam Pomfrey."

Brianna returned minutes later with Madam Pomfrey, who gasped in shock at the state Elena was in. She had lifted her robes to try and get a better look but Elena quickly pulled them down.

"I need to see where it hurts honey if you want me to help." Madam Pomfrey spoke, voice like honey on a Sunday evening.

Elena shook her head. "Please." She whispered, eyes filling with tears.

"Madam Pomfrey, she has scars and she's insecure about them." Brianna quietly told the elderly witch, who sighed and her eyes softened once she realized why Elena didn't want her seeing the scars. Savannah Greenwood left them there as a daily reminder of what she did.

"Okay, let me grab something for the pain." Madam Pomfrey spoke and Elena nodded.

"I'm sorry for ruining your day Bri."

"You didn't ruin my day El, honestly." She smiled at Elena, rubbing her hand and Elena smiled despite the ache in her stomach. "But if I get my hands on your aunt, Merlin only knows what I'll do." Elena giggled, shaking her head. This year is actually fun.

————☽•☾————