Chapter 4 :New Wardrobe

Chapter 4: New Wardrobe

Adrian was having a conversation with his bosun when she poked her head out the door, the rest of her body not visible.

"Psst! Adrian!" she whispered loudly.

He didn't even spare her a glance, and just kept on talking.

She sighed in exasperation. The man was completely impossible.

"Adrian!" she said a little louder.

Thus time he looked up, a scowl on his face. She motioned for him to come with one hand. He held up a finger for her to give him one minute. She sent him a pleading glance. He rolled his eyes, said a few words to the bosun, and made his way to her.

"What is it now-" he started to say, but then she grabbed his colar and pulled him into the cabin, slamming the door behind him.

He jerked his shirt from her grasp, and tried to smooth out the wrinkles. His eyebrows were in a scowling V, and his mouth kind of looked like a bow.

"Do you really think that was completely neccesary?" he asked in frustration, finally glancing up at her.

"Yes, I do believe it was," she said calmly. "Now, I'm facing kind of a dilema here, and-,"

"What?" he asked. "What could you possibly need now?"

She looked down at yet body, and for the first time he realized she was still in her underwear.

"Why haven't you put your dress back on yet?"

"Well, you see that dress is all hot and sticky," she explained in a rush. "And I was wondering, if, um, you had some clothes I could borrow?"

"Let me get this strait," he said slowly. "You would like to wear a pair of my breeches, one of my shirts, and a pair of my boots?"

"Yes to the shirt and the breeches, no to the boots," she said. "I already have a pair,"

"And how, may I ask, do you already have a pair?"

"I was wearing some when you kidnapped me," she explained sheepishly. "They are over there by the bed."

And, sure enough, there were a pair of thigh high fold over black boots sitting next to his bed. He walked over to them, and picked one up.

"These look like they had to be custom made," he observed, after scanning them thorougly.

"Yes, by a boot maker in Romania," she said.

He looked at her in some surprise.

"You have been to Romania?"

To late she realized her blunder, and she decided it wasn't to revealing.

"I'm from Romania," she began.

He snapped his fingers, making her jump.

"I knew I knew your accent, but I just couldn't place it," he said, laughing.

"Well yes, I am from Romania," she said. "And there is something else also,"

"And what would that be?" he asked her with a smirk, but he had an interested glint in his eye.

"Well, I don't go by Venus back home," she said. "Even in Romania, it is quite an unusual name,"

"Then what name do you go by?"

She just couldn't take being called Venus anymore. It wouldn't hurt to be called by her real name as long as she didn't tell him the rest of it.