Chapter 2: Where is the rum?

Chapter 2: Where is the Rum? 

Adrian looked at the girl with surprise. Did she even know who she was dealing with? He hated to fight her, but no one challenged him and got away with it. He'd be a liar if he said that she hadn't effected him strongly. With her pale skin, he could tell that she hadn't been in the sun long, and that usually repelled him. Simpering English misses that looked down their noses at his kind. A commoner. When, with all the ships he had plundered, he was richer than most. But there was somethig about this one that drew him to her. She was something more than just your average English Miss. And he was bound and determined to find out just who she was, and where she came from.  

Her blade suddenly clashed into meet his, startling him out of his thoughts. He blocked her attack, but just barely. Suddenly he smirked. 

"Okay, how about me taking it easy on you," he jeered. "I'll place one hand behind my back. How does that sound?" 

Her lip curled, and, in answer to his question, she went strait for his heart. He sidstepped her easily, laughing. 

He could see her eyes going black with fury. She kept in and attacked again. This time she drew first blood. She stood back, smiling and admiring her work. 

Adrian automatically put his hand up to his upper arm. Damn, his sword arm. That wouldn't feel to good in the morning. He looked up and noticed that everyone, pirate and crew alike, had stopped to watch the interlude that was going on between the pirate captain, and the beautiful woman. 

Adrian thought about it for a moment, then he lunged, and she brought up her sword just in time so their swords met with a metallic ring. He wasn't going to show her any mercy now. He was not going to lose against a woman. 

Selene fought with all her might. But he was attacking her with earnest now. And she knew he was humiliated that she drew first blood. No man liked to be beaten by a woman. It did a huge damage to their pride.  

Suddenly white hot pain spread across her belly. She doubled over, clutching her stomach. She drew her hand away and it was covered with blood. He hadn't made a deep wound, just sliced through the couple of layers of her clothes and a few layers of skin. But boy, did it ever hurt. She stood up even though it pained her, and firmed her jaw. She dropped the sword, and leaped on him.  

Adrian let out a noise of surprise when the girl jumped on him, and they both toppled to the ground. She landed on top of him. What was this little hell cat doing? As he was contimplating this, he felt her hands groping at his belt. What the hell? Then he felt the cool steel against his neck, and knew that she had found his knife. He swallowed, and he felt the small nick, and the small trickle of blood that movement had caused him. 

"Do you yield?" she asked him, a fierce look on her face. 

He stared up into her face, and let his hands span her waist. He felt the corset beneath it. He saw her eyes cloud over, felt her lower the knife ever so slightly, and that was the oppourtunity he needed. He knocked the knife out of her hand, and reversed their positions. He grabbed his other knife from his boot, and held it to her throat. 

"Do you yield?" he asked her, smiling with triumph.  

He saw the spark of anger in her eyes, and he chuckled softly. 

"Do you yield?" he repeated the question.  

"Yes I yield," she said grudgingly. 

Laughing loudly, he got off her, stood up, and reached out a hand to help her up.  

She ignored it, and pushed herself up.  

"Tell me," he said. "Who might you be?" 

She evaded answering, instead responding with a question.