Chapter 6: High Emotions on High Seas

                When they stepped out on the deck, the sun was gone, the moon was out, and there was a single star in the sky. The moon cast a reflection across the water, it's twin glistening across the waves like some beacon to the sealife below.

                There were few people on deck. A few deckhands mopping the deck, re-painting the main mast, the Cabin Boy coming up from the kitchens with a big pot of who knows what to dump over the side, and Billings was at the wheel, gazing steadily out to sea.

                Selene stepped up to the railing, and gazed out at the ocean.

                "It is so beautiful," she said. "There is no place I would rather be than at sea. The roll of the deck beneath my feet, the spray of sea mist on my face, and the way the sea just draws like a siren's song,"

                Adrian felt more drawn to this woman by the second. What he wouldn't give to just kiss her once more. Strange to think he had just met her this afternoon, and yet he was so drawn to her, so captured under her siren spell, that he didn't know if he was ever going to get out of it.

                "I used to travel the seas with my father all the time," she continued. "He would take me on trips,"

                Glad that she was opening up to him, he pressed her.

                "Trips where?" he asked.

                "Tahiti, France," she listed. "Oh, but my favourite place was Egypt,"

                She was smiling, remembering a time and place when she was the most happiest.

                "Why Egypt?"

                "Why Egypt?" she laughed. "Their country is the most facinating one I have ever been to. The tales of the old gods and goddesses of Egypt is what facinates me most,"

                "Oh, do you believe in many gods?" he asked, merely curious,

                "Good heavens no, I am a Christian," she giggled. "But just to have lived back in that time would have been so facinating, don't you think?"

                He came and put an arm around her shoulders, squeezing her tight.

                "You know that the Egyptians were the ones who drove Moses out of Egypt right?" he asked her, trying to hold back a laugh.