Chapter 6 - Injured

Both of the South Korean and Australian facility has been talking everyday, discussing about Death and Life's meet up. Many are against it, afraid that it will be the reason for the end of the world but many are supportive also, they couldn't bear see Life suffer the consequences anymore. Specially, Jennie.

They didn't want to tell Life about their plan, not wanting to give the Angel false hope but Lisa's big mouth ruined it all. It was okay though, seeing Life's eyes lit up and smile beam when her lover was mentioned was really pleasing to the eyes.

Speaking of Life, she has mentioned to Jennie about getting bored, so Team Alpha has been keeping her company and trying to keep her entertained. Today, Jennie bought a lot of alcoholic drinks and mixers when Life told her that bartending looks like mixing potions, so the agent wanted her to experience it.

"Wow, Jennie unnie, that's a lot." Yeonjung said, when she saw Jennie enter their office with a trolly filled with drinks. Jennie sighed before sitting in one of the chairs, looking at the screen to see Life still sleeping in her cell. They have a surveillance camera directed at their office from Life's cell, wanting her to be always safe. They seen Life dance on her own, play with her powers and a lot more that made their heart beat.

"Life wanted to "make potions", so I bought her these." Jennie said with an air qoute, Lisa and Jisoo helping her bring the stuffs inside after. Life looked at them, tilting her head to the left when she saw the trolly.

"Hey angel, let's mix some potions?" Life clapped her hands excitedly, her smile making Lisa, Jisoo and Jennie's heart flutter. Life sat down on a chair, waiting for the girls to finish placing the drinks on the table. Because it might be illegal, Jennie took off the brands and label on the bottles, making it a mystery.

"Alright, we're just gonna get something outside, then we'll be back." Life nodded, smiling when the girls kissed her forehead one by one. The Angel still feels overwhelmed with the love and attention she's getting sometimes, the last time she received this was when her and Death was together and you don't know how long that was. When the girls left, Life looked at the bottles, can't wait to mix some "potions".

The girls went out to tell Nayeon and Yeonjung what they were gonna do, telling them to update them about the moving Death situation. While they were talking amongst themselves, they heard a scream, but it wasn't any normal scream, it was Life's scream. The girls rushed to her cell, only to see Kai, one of the agents, pointing a gun at Life while glass and alcohol werr surrounding the Angel. Lisa immediately grabbed Kai's wrist, pointing the gun up before he pulled the trigger, everyone flinching with the noise. Jennie ran to the Angel, carful to not get hit by the glass, supporting Life to sit at the bed. Her hands were covered with white, her blood.

"What the fuck, Kai?! Are you stupid?!" Lisa yelled, pushing Kai to the ground. Her heart was pounding fast because Life got hurt again and you already know the outcome of that. Kai stood up, looking at Jennie and Life, scoffing.

"She was gonna poison you! I don't know where the hell she got those!" Kai yelled, pointing at the bottle of liquors, some already broken.

"Are you dumb?! Those are alcohol without their labels!" Jisoo, who is mostly calm, shouted at Kai, slapping the back of his head. Kai's eyes widened, realizing the mistake he did. Nayeon and Yeonjung, who went outside to get the med kit, arrived at the cell, cleaning Life's wound while Jennie calmed the Angel down.

"Get out, Kai." Jennie sternly said, glaring at the boy before looking back at Life, who's eyes were tightly closed and flinching. This wasn't good, this might not be as intense as the last one, but any kind of pain will get Death to be hostile. Kai bowed down, mumbling a sorry before going outside, followed by Nayeon, who will report him to the higher ups.  When Yeonjung was done, she helped Lisa clean up the mess on the cell, Jisoo picked up the call she was getting.

"I don't know what the hell happened, Jisoo, but Death is hostile again and escaped! I think she's on her way there now!"

----------

Will Life and Death meet next chapter? 🤔

Hope you like it!