Chapter four

Stacey and I walked into English together, trying to avoid people's stares, trying to avoid the laughing and the whispering. Stacey hissed under her breath and shook her head, disgusted about the way people treated me. I knew it was hard for her when people were teasing me because she felt bad aboout being one of them back in the day.

I put my hand on her arm, reassuring her that I kenw she was different. She looked over at me and smiled nervously. Was she ever going to get used to it?

We made our way to our seats in the back of the classroom, trying to avoid all of the snide comments. Normally we would sit up the front but Stacey figured that if we were at the back, then people wouldnt be abe to stare as much. Wrong. The teacher wasnt in the class et so people came up to me and asked what happened. I didnt even bother answering. Rumours were already being spread around the school, so I didnt even want to boter creating more stories.

"I heard her mum did it." I heard somebody whisper.

I narrowed my eyes, searching around the room to see who had spoken. Everybody was staring though, so it was kind of hard. A group of girls were sitting and giggling with there heads close together. Suspisious. They all looked up and burst out laughing. I blushed and looked down at my hands.

"Dont even worry," Whispered Stacey.

"Did you hear that though?" I asked angrily

"Yeah, but its just another rumour. Dont give them any attention other wise they'll think its true and spread it 'round."

"Its not a rumour though. Its real. And I think they have already spread it around, so what difference does it make?" I hissed back, maybe a little too loudlyy. The girls looked up and I clamped my hands over my mouth. They laughed again.

Stacey growled.

"If they keep talking about you like that, im going to go over there and show them something to talk about." Her hands balled up into fists.

I grabbed her arm, horrorfied. "Dont leave this seat. Im warning you, Stacey. Like you've been telling me all day; You cant give them a reaction. Thats what they want; what they're waiting for."

"Easier said then done, Holley. I just cant believe it. Dont they have enough stuff to talk about without bringing -- Whoa." I looked up at her, wondering why she stopped.  She wasnt looking at me.

I followed her eyes up to the front of the classroom and -- Whoa.

I looked away before my jaw could hit the ground.

"Hey Kids! Is this room 108?" He asked, a grin on his gorgous face.

Angel Smith - another one of the pastic fakes - stood up and walked over to him, pulling her mini skirt up just a little bit higher. Consdering it was already too high, it gave the whole class a 'good' look at her playboy bunny underwear. Slut.

"Yup, it sure is. Are you a new kid?" She purred as she walked closer and closer.

"Actually," He paused and took a step back, "Im your fill in teacher." He says, his face wearing a Im-Smiling-But-Not-Really-Smiling-Becase-Im-Trying-To-Be-Nice-When-Actually-I-Really-Want-You-To-Back-Off smile.

Angel gasped and jumped backwards, pulling her skirt right down. I couldnt help it. I laughed

All eyes in the classroom turned to me. People gasped and started whispering. Angel looked over at me and the expression 'If looks could kill' suddenly seemed very real. I should have been scared but I wasnt. The daggers just added to the hilarity. Stacey giggle quietly by my side.

"Smooth, Angel, reeeeal smooth." I laughed.

Her eyes bugged out of her head, making her look like a fish. I laughed harder.

"At least my face is smooth." She retorted.

'Oooos' and 'Ahhhs' filled the room, along with lots of 'Buuuurn' comments. I sneered.

"Only becase its fake." I spat back into her surprised face.

The whole class laughed and was soon filled with more comments and weird noises, louder then they had been when directed at me. Angel gasped and started to walk over to me. A large restraining hand gripped her shoudler and she looked up. When she realised it was the fill in, she recoiled and stumbled into a group of squeeling girls. Geesh you'd think his hand had been a giant monster or something. I shook my head.

He held up his hands as if he were surrendering. His face was serious but I could see the smile in his eyes as he watched her reaction. "Oh calm down," he chastised. "Okay, I dont know your name but that wasnt ne -- Oh, um... I see." He must have seen my face. I looked away, my cheeks burning.

An awkward silence filled the room. Angel finally broke the silence by laughing. The laugh was fake; she was taunting me.

"Yeah. So does everyone else." She giggled.

The fill in took a step towards her and she quickly shut up.

"I think you better go see the school nurse." He suggested.

My eyes flashed up to me his his. "No. I dont need to, im fine" I said. No way was I going to explain what had happened.

"I dont think you are.."

"Seriously, Im fine. Why is everybody making such a big deal out of --"

"..Nothing?" He guessed the ending to what I had been about to say. I nodded.

"I dont think that its nothing. I think you may have a broken nose." He said.

"I dont, I swear! I feel f --"

"Go." He said cutting me off, voice vibrating with power.

I glared up at him as I stood up and grabbed my books. The class stayed silent while I walked up to the front of room. It was like doing the walk of shame, but I hadnt even done anything wrong! I sighed as I opened the door.

"Sorry about that everyone. So kids! Im Mr. Montae but you can call me.." his voice faded off as I shut the door.

How was I going to explain all of this? I couldnt rat my mother out.. Could I? No. She would kill me for even thinking about telling on her. What was I going to say though? I could blame it on Angel or somebody else who had been treating me like crap all day. Wait, scratch that. Who had been treating me like crap my whole life.

I rounded a corner and saw Nurse Leemin's office. I started to panic. I still didnt have a cover story. What would I say? What would I do? Would she guess? I knocked on her door, my breathing laboured.

She opened it a crack and peeked out. When she saw who it was, she swung the door open, a huge grin on her wrinkled face.

"Ahh, Holley. Ive been expecting you all day." 

My heart sped into over drive. She had?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is NOT a teacher/student relationship story. It may seem like it, but its not.

Just thought Id point that out (:

Anyways, tell me what you think? :D

Comment, vote, fan <3