Chapter 9: Meeting Misty, Viridian City

"Come and get it guys!"

Placing the bowls of Pokefood down, I smiled as my team rushed from where they were mock battling and playing a somewhat aggressive game of tag.

I ate a late lunch today, sharing with my new friend.

Yep, I had met Misty Waterflower.

It was a lot different from the meeting in the anime too.

I was on my way to the river to fish when I saw her in the distance, a flash of bright white light, and a giant Gyarados suddenly towered over her form.

Unlike the Misty from the show, this one showed no fear, and appeared almost used to that particular Pokemon appearing so fast and randomly.
It made sense, she did fish a lot, being a Water Specialist and all.

Her Starmie used a beautiful strategy of a powerful Psychic to lift the creature from the water and throw it onto land, then an Ice Beam built up and released  with a combined Thunderbolt, and it was all followed by a Rapid Spin right into the Water-Dragon's eye.

It roared in pain, and blindly used Flail, body jerkily slamming into the ground around it, and the Starmie used another Thunderbolt, thick star and shuriken shaped shards of glass, filled with Normal type energy followed behind it.
Gotta love Swift.

The wild Gyarados fainted, and Misty approached it and had her Pokemon kill it, a rapid spin with thick Normal-Type energy forming into blades, a killing move, not the normal battle approved attack.
The Pokémon slit a thick line from the giant creature's neck, down its belly and tail.

I just stood there gaping, eyes as big as saucers as glee filled me.
"Holy shit! Your Starmie is awesome!"

This chick knew how to really train her Pokemon.

I immediately ran to her, offering to help her take care of the corpse and collect the meat, scales and internal organs to sell or use. It would take hours upon hours otherwise.

She freaked out for a moment though as I finished offering to help her, and I for a moment I thought she would yell at me.
Nope, it was her bike.
The Gyarados had destroyed it by its tail slamming into it when it Flailed.

A few minutes later with me trying to cheer her up, I helped her forcefully fold the bike (yep, thats a thing here,) and she shoved it into her backpack, a last generation Tech bag. Then we took apart the carcass, and buried the remains about a mile away from camp.
We didn't want visitor Pokémon looking to eat us or steal our stuff.
It happened all the time.

She gave me some of the meat, keeping the valuable organs to herself to sell, which was fine with me, and she absolutely gushed in awe over my Tech Zero bag when I stuffed the meat in the freezer section, showing me her older model.
I knew immediately what I was getting her for her birthday or Christmas this year if we traveled together.
I would definitely have the money for it once I submitted my report.

We released our Pokémon after I set up my sleeping bag, and they played together as I took out some lunch, using some of the rice for today's lunch mixed with today's dinner to make rice balls so we had enough food for us both.
Cooked Gyarados meat was stuffed inside with mayo and wild onion. It tasted similar to chicken unlike it's pre-evolved form that tasted closer to salmon. They both had that buttery-melt in you mouth texture when cooked right though.
Damian once compared Gyarados meat to tasting very much like Feraligatr. I guess they both taste like chicken?

Misty grilled some leeks she had brought with her along with some of my carrots and bell pepper pieces.
I hated raw bell pepper, but cooked? It smelled and tasted like pizza to me for some reason.
She herself disliked all peppers, but she knew how to cook them because her older sister loved them in almost everything.