Chapter 4: Route 1

(Leaf in picture, except she wears a sleeveless vest that is a black with light blue accents. She wears black leggings and a light blue ruffled skirt with a black band and trim. A blue sports bra is under her vest with the logo of her family's business on the front.
A pair of ankle length black and silver combat boots and a green belt with her pokeballs and supplies. She wears black fingerless gloves and has light blue nail polish.
Her X-Transceiver is black with blue accents and green buttons.
Her Pokédex is light blue and has a green Leaf Pattern on it outlined in black.
She has a Tech-Zero bag that is green and black.)

Team:

Bulbasaur nicknamed Mint

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Traveling along the path for a good three hours, I hummed a song with Laxus bobbing his head to the beat, tail swaying slightly.

I had given Daisy a call, but she couldn't talk long, and I wanted to concentrate on my surroundings, so after a short conversation with her telling me to call every now and then and visit when I was near the Orange Islands, I hung up.

So far we hadn't encountered any potential Pokémon partners, mainly because I haven't really looked yet. It was time though to try and find a Pokémon or two for Laxus to train with, and I was thinking of a Rattata in particular for our first catch.

With my goal being to catch one of every species, I had plans to train even a Caterpie, which was seen as food for bird Pokemon and nothing else. People usually caught a Metapod about to evolve, or a Butterfree. Caterpie and Weedle were just bugs, so it wasn't uncommon to find their dead bodies squished against the ground or pavement before they matured into their bigger bodies built to train.
Thankfully they didn't acquire much intelligence until they were around ten months old, which is when they developed to be the same size as a six month old kitten in my old world.

Not many people caught Rattata or Raticate either, unless it showed it had attitude or potential, unlike their brethren. They were technically pests after all. It honestly disgusted me a little because I remembered my last world, where Pokémon didn't exist. No one here could see the potential in even the smallest bug type. A bug I knew could kill a grown man or even eventually take down a giant dragon if they were trained right.

At least, not everyone thought this way. Just the majority.

Looking around, I noticed there really wasn't a path for me to walk through the giant field. Instead there was a multitude of weeds, grasses and wild bushes that I just knew was gonna be annoying. There was a sprinkling of trees around as well, and in the distance towards Viridian City was a ledged cliff, if you could call it that, as it looked to be maybe a little taller than me. It would be a day or two of straight up travel before I would be able to see the city itself. I wasn't planning on entering it until I caught a few teammates and had their basic trainings down though.

"Alright Laxus, buddy. Let's see if we can find a permanent partner to train with us and join our family!"
"Pika! (Hell yeah!)"

Making sure I had my compass held correctly, I chose an area with smaller grasses that I could walk through and started forward.

After around ten minutes I entered an area where there was grass taller than me, and I pushed myself through, finding a small clearing. Entering it, I immediately watched a Pidgey take off from its spot on the ground, a dead Caterpie in it's talons.

Being as quiet as possible so as to not disturb any hidden nests or dens, I checked around for any signs of Pokemon.

There was clawing at the base of a lone tree, that looked like a territory marking, the height of it makes me think it's four legged. Probably feline if the slight smell of cat spray around it was right.
It wasn't what I was looking for. A feline as my first catch would probably cause my buddy more problems as they fought for team leadership. Not worth it.