Chapter 7: Time Skip, Naughty Snake and Filler Information

(Hyde Clemons—Ruby (because when he blushes his face, ears and neck goes completely red. ( He gets called Peach/Peaches by Timothy and Yellow sometimes as a running inside joke Ash isn't aware of. It makes him blush each time, and Tim says it affectionately.)
Hyde in his brown hoodie. He wears that along with black or grey sweatpants. He also wears a black or white muscle-shirt underneath his hoodie, and wears sneaker that are black with orange accents and laces. He has a Tech Zero bag as a gift for his birthday from Blue.
He keeps his Pokémon on a belt, with some supply pouches, with one Pokéball, his starter's, on a necklace minimized.

He decided to become a Pokémon Coordinator, so he was collecting a team or two of Pokémon he already had in mind, and is training them for his first year, similar to Ashlynn who isn't doing the gym circuit this year either, then he's taking the Hoenn Coordinator Challenge the next year with his team. He plans to stay in contact with his friends/family via video calls and normal phone messages/calls. His goal is to be famous by the time he reaches twenty years old, in which he can become a Coordinator Judge himself. Hyde also has a (not so)secret love for studying Bug and Steel type Pokémon in particular, and his birthday is the same day as Yellow's, which is how they met at school. (His teachers call out the birthday kids, and the two boys just clicked.)

Hyde started his journey two months before Ashlynn, and was in Cerulean City when he began, visiting his older brother, who gave him his starter, Crystal. He hasn't seen Ash since a video call on her birthday, three days before her journey began.
Hyde has a boyfriend named Timothy from Cerulean who is traveling with him.)

Team

Seel named Crystal (Starter)

Paras named Buggy

Vulpix named Scorch ((baby) (has a genetic disorder: deafness.) Traded anonymously online with a random trainer from a different region in exchange for a Bellsprout.)

Venonat named Amethyst (close to evolving)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^________________________________
Time skip!
_____________________________

It was a full week later that I caught my next Pokémon.
An Ekans that casually entered the campsite during our morning training curled around a tree branch and began to edge closer and closer to us. Gunter noticed him first, having spotted him draped over a branch a few feet over our heads.
He was quite sassy, mocking Laxus who was clearly our strongest family member. His taunting had annoyed Suki and Gunter both, and Laxus told them to ignore him.

The male snake had tried goading him into a battle, but Laxus knew better than to attack first without me telling him to, and his frustration got to the point that his cheeks sparked. Apparently he said something very offensive and I could almost see a visible tic mark appear on all of my Pokémon's foreheads.

A quick translation from my little rodent brother about some of the things he had been saying and I agreed to the battle. Laxus had refused to repeat the actual comment that pissed them off though.

Apparently the snake had been watching my team and I that whole week and he wanted to be trained too, after seeing the visible results with my team's improvement. He told Laxus that if he lost he wanted to join our team and he wanted me to help him evolve.

As he was wild, he showed in his movements during the battle that he had never had proper instruction, and while he had a fierce bite and his wrap attack was on point, he was somewhat slow and became frustrated too easily. It was probably what he used most on unsuspecting live prey.
However he became more determined as Laxus started mocking him back, his voice actually laced with Dark type energy, which invoked rage in the serpent. (Did Laxus learn a form of Taunt? I made a note to test it later.)