Chapter 2- Awakening

A few hours later, you woke up, and the doctor and a few nurses, stood at your bedside, suddenly noticing that you were awake.

"Look, she's awake!"

You hoisted yourself up into a sitting position, using the little strength left in the arm that wasn't in a cast.

"Hello, we're glad you're awake. What's your name?" The doctor asked.

"(y/n). (y/n) (l/n)." You replied.

"Well, Miss (l/n), would you mind giving us the contact information of your parents, so we can reach them, and let them know you're alright?"

"Absolutely." You give the doctor your parents' phone numbers, and the doctor had a call made. Your parents arrived ten minutes later. They ran into the room, over to your side, and immediately started grilling you with questions. As you answered, your mother's face looked more and more worried, and your dad's looked almost angry. Then, the young man who had brought you here (but you didn't know it) entered the room, urgency plastered on his face.

Your mother stood up and approached him.

"Hello. Who-"

He answered before she had the chance to ask who he was.

He spoke, and that was the first time you heard his voice.

"My name is Tadashi Hamada. I saw your daughter's car crash, so I did the first thing I could think of and pulled her out, and brought her here."

"Y-you saved her?"

"I guess..." That's all he was able to say before your mother embraced him.

"Thank you for saving her, Tadashi."

"Anytime." He smiled kindly. You couldn't help but notice that he was very good looking. Neat black hair hidden underneath a black baseball cap, muscular, well-built, and those brown eyes that seemed to sparkle every time he smiled.

Your parents stayed in your room for the next half an hour, which was mostly spend by your mother asking if you were okay over and over, and you answering that you were fine. Besides, you wanted them to leave so that you could learn more about this Tadashi person, who supposedly saved your life, which you couldn't do with your parents in the room.

After an eternity, they finally left, leaving you alone with Tadashi.

"Hi." You said, breaking the awkward silence between you.

"Hey."

"Uh, thanks for, um, saving my life. I owe you big time." You smiled weakly.

"Nah, it was nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing. I'm sitting here, alive."

"Right. Anyway, I'm Tadashi." He approached you, and held out a hand. You shook it, looking up at him.

"Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n). I'm truly sorry we had to meet like this, you probably have a super busy life."

"You could say that. I've been at SFIT for a few months."

"You're kidding. I just got accepted in, I was actually on my way there. What's your major?"

"Uh, robotic engineering."

You felt your heart soar. This guy was most likely in all your classes.

"Me too!"

"You're in robotics? Wow, I wouldn't have-"

You cut him off, smirking and crossing your arms.

"You didn't expect a girl to be in robotics, Mr. I'm-so-amazing?"

"No, no! It's just not everyday you meet a new robotics major. There aren't a lot of us, you know. You have to be very smart to do robotics."

"I take that as a compliment." Your remark made him laugh, which was a joyous sight to your eyes.

You talked to Tadashi for the next few hours, about robotics, and other things, beginning to enjoy his company.